switching amplifiers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » switching amplifiers « Previous Next »
By Derek Bosia (dbo) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 1:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
alright this is a difficult thing for me but i want to know if anybody here has any input. i want to make my amplifiers for my subwoofers on a switch. every amp has a remote line( that little blue one) but i am wondering if there is any way to take that and somehow rig it up to a switch so i can turn those amps off and still listen to the music. i just want to be able to turn my sub amps off. somebody has to know of a trick? let me know.

By John (hyperryd) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 1:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just pull the blue amp turn on lead from the amp. Run the lead to a switch and run a lead from the other side of the switch back to the amp. Switch off = amp off. Whatever that amp is running will shut off.

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 4:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You will need to run the blue wire from the amp to one terminal of the switch and run a wire from a power source to the other terminal on the switch.

By badzuki (badzuki) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 5:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why don't you get one of these level controllers. It will let you vary the volume level to what ever you wish:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3668760076&category=23807&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com