New Bling Bling's Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » New Bling Bling's « Previous Next »
By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 8:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey all,

Jeff and I spent all day Saturday installing the 04 version of speakers for my boat.

Here are some pics of the new setup.

ajfl

sdahg

ad

aa

opiop

The guy that made these for me will sell a pair of either diamond plate, brushed aluminum, or powder coated for $150.00 a pair. The clamps are from Pro-Werks.com for $29.95 each.

By greg (gwake) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 9:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats pretty cool. The guys in Seattle? You guys go out sunday?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 9:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How do they sound compared to the old box? Have you sound deadend them at all?
Love your profile pic!

By Sean M (magic) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 10:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Those look nice!

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 8:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's really sweet using the diamond plate, love the look and I've never seen that before.

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 8:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Greg,

No we didn't go Sunday, needed to do family duty.
The guy who makes them is a friend of mine.

Darren,

They sound much more full compared to the old setup. I get the same loudness out of them at five digits lower on my deck. I used Dynomat on the rear of the cans to deaden the sound.

Monster,

That's why I went with diamond plate over regular aluminum. I wanted something different than all the other cans out there. I thought it might be too much, but now that the're done I really like the look.

By A. P. (bigdad) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maybe I'm too critical. But it seems to me that the welds don't have a real clean look to them. The price is good but the welds bother me.

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 11:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
A.P.

The pictures distort the look of the welds. They're clean, and when polished out, I think they look awesome.

By Matthew Melvin (melvinator) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Those are sweet cliff! I thing the welds give it a tuff look. There better be Metallica blasting out of those things!
p.s. Spiked wristbands for everybody in the boat would be perfect too! Great Job again!!!

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
HAHAHAHA,

Would you believe the first thing we played when they were finished was Metallica!!!

I guess the look expresses my musical tastes more than I thought.

By Matthew Melvin (melvinator) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Heavy metal and clasic rock on my boat! Bring some hip-hop crap and it get tossed in the drink:-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com