cover boat with tower folded down? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » cover boat with tower folded down? « Previous Next »
By dane (greatdane) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 1:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone here store their boat with the tower folded down and under the cover? I keep my boat on a dock covered. And, I want to get an awning over the dock. Yet, with the boat on the hoist the tower will hit the 8' or 9' awning.

So, for my next boat/tower purchase, can I store my boat on the hoist with the tower folded down and the cover over the boat and tower? Can this work with today's towers?

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 7:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dane, I do this with my Malibu and Titan tower, but it's not quite a perfect fit. There are small gaps on each side where the cover doesn't quite make it down over the rub rail and therefore it is not a good, tight fit. Still, it works pretty well and the shape of the Titan makes for a nice "tent-like" form which water can just run off (not that we see much water down our way).

You could probably get the cover custom done so that it fits nicely over the collapsed Titan tower.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 7:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I ditto what Andre says.

By Flack (flackpack) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 10:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My Tige' came with a cover that was fit to the boat with the tower up, I built a stand to keep the folded tower off of the Upholstery, and cover the boat, fols the tower, and then cover the exposed tower section which is folded over the cover with a second custom Canvas tower cover that ties to the cleats. I have seen covers for boats with towers in the Bart's catalog.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 12:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yea Dane, if you cut a 1x4 at 38" (I think) and place it under the front hoop of the tower, it will hold the cover off the windshield and keep the rain out of the cover. I think for the back hoop I used to put 2 throwable cushions between the sundeck and the tower.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com