which centurion wakeboard boat on wat... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » which centurion wakeboard boat on waterski lake? « Previous Next »
By Matthew Bird (ldr) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm contemplating being on the demo team for centurion for the INT in central california. The boat that centurion wants used is the avalanche which is a fairly big boat at 22 feet in length and 100 inch beam. My question regards how well do you think this boat will perform on small waterski lakes like the ones INT uses in this area. Personally i think the cyclone which is closer to the X2 and san in size is a better fit for the tournament lakes. From experience the smaller boats like the X2 and the SAN have an easier time putting out good wakes on a ski lake. They are even noticeable better than the VLX. The cyclone has a 91 inch beam and is 20'8 in length.
any info or feedback would be greatly appreciated. and any cyclone c4 owners feedback would be great as well. I'm leaning towards the cyclone duee to it's size and garageability.

By Jesse Hochkins (dinker) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ive ridden behind the avalanche and i live on a small private lake it was awesome the boat threw a great wake and wasnt to big fora small lake

By Matthew Bird (ldr) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maybe you're missing my point. when i say a small lake i mean narrow, 4 to 5 feet deep, 1/4 to 1/2 mile long with islands on the end to turn around.
In these shallow lakes the wake acts funny and it seems that the smaller the boat the better the performance in wake size. Do you know how deep your lake is Jesse?

By JONb (jonb) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 1:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
so dont do it if that is the only boat that they will give you.

By Maverick LTD (maverick_gear) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 2:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i think the Avi would be fine i used the green world championship boat on a private little lake no problem i also used a cyclone those are good too either way you can't go wrong

By Matthew Bird (ldr) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 2:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats not the only boat that they'll give me.
I'm just trying to find out what boat will work best on a waterski lake.

By J-Rod (jarrod) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sounds like you have your mind made up. So use the smaller boat. Smaller hulls (usually) throw better wakes period.

By Cal (villageidiot) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 2:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Another thing to throw into the mix: If I remember correctly, the Avalanche draws over 30" of water when sitting still, no weight. If the lake is that shallow, that could be pushing it...especially in the turn arounds.

By Matthew Bird (ldr) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 2:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the input guys. keep it comming.

By nickster (nar722) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 3:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would agree that the cyclone would tend to be the better boat for that situation. Smaller, easier to sink with weight and more manuverable. I think it's hull is a smaller version of the avilanche

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com