summerizing Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » summerizing « Previous Next »
By matt williams (diamondjax23) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How do you summerize your boat?

By David Burns (dbjts) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
CRAP

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
start it on the trailer with the engine hatch open and run it up to operating temp ON THE TRAILER. check for leaks. after everything checks out, i slowly putter around 20 minutes until the oil is warm, shut it down and check the tranny and engine oil. if both are okay, gas it and hold on.

don't push it off the trailer until you are satisfied that everything is working correctly.

my 0.02

By cdm (cdm) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 1:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"summerize" - imo this is one of those loose terms George Carlin could use in his stand up. To me its more of a reminder to check things out. Not something that must be done, like winterizing!! Obviously older boats require more maint. than newer boats. give everything a good once over even before its in the water. Then follow thomas' advise. Don't forget the plug!! lol

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 1:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
summerize is a term used for snowmobiles, as those vehicles are only used in the winter

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 7:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
skidim has a good summerize/de-winterization punch list. i have had the float hang and flood the motor with gas and the typical stuck thermostat.

By Bill (00prostar205v) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 7:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Winterize properly at the end of the season. Then just put in the plug and enjoy come spring.

By Rich's Rule (gunz) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 7:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My neighbor across the street took his out this past weekend.Didn't start it or anything,just drove right to the lake.Just like last year,brought it back in an hour.Had to put it on the charger,and actually start it in the driveway before he goes out next time.What a dumba$$!

Check it out before you leave the house!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com