Speaker placement Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Speaker placement « Previous Next »
By Brad (tazz) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 9:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am installing a stereo system in my centurion v-drive soon. I'm trying to figure out the best placement for my speakers. I will have 4 6.5 and 1 12" sub with a 400 watt amp. No tower speakers yet.The local install shop says I should place 2 speakers in the face under the rear seat and 2 in the walls of the walk though below the windscreen facing each other. That sounds strange to me but they say the sound bouncing off the walls will be better than if I place them under the side bench seat like the stock boats come.

Any thoughts?

Anyone done this?

By Lance (uga33) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Brad,

I installed me replacement speakers in my existing cutouts. 1ea. behind driver's seat in the side panel, 2ea. under the rear seat in the seat base, and 1 in the seat base under the observer's seat. They sound great to me. What speakers are you going with?

By Brad (tazz) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lance

Boss marine, nothing special. The boat has never had speakers in it so I'm free to put them where I want. How does your setup sound when your moving on the water?

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 1:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the same set-up in my Centurion.
I would mount your speakers in the same spots. That is wher the factory mounts them.
I have a 10" sub in front of my feet.
Tower speakers and new amps are being to shipped for me;)

By salty87 (salty87) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 1:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i had a friend with a mastercraft and the front speakers were installed like that. it worked good in his boat, the bow area wasn't very large so people up front could hear them easily and the driver/spotter were close enough too. he had a walk-through.

i have a playpen bow and its big. i wouldn't want them mounted that way in mine. but, then again, the driver can't really hear the front speakers in mine.

i guess i'm trying to say it depends on the layout of your boat. it can sound good that way.

By Brad (tazz) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 2:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Greg

What set up is the same as yours? Lance or the speaker setup I'm thinking about?

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 4:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lance's set-up is how they come from the factory.
Your set-up sounds ok as well. Yours would get sound up into the bow area. So either set-up would work fine.

By Lance (uga33) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 6:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brad my stock system sounded decent. I just changed the stock speakers and added an amp and that made a huge difference. I'm supposed to have the tower cans Friday so I can install them this weekend the sub will be here as well. It siunds like mine and Greg's setup is pretty close.

Hey Greg, just curious how are you bringing your tower speaker wires thru the hull. I still cannot decide if I want to thru the tower mount or just drill beside it and use a quick connect. The only thing I'm worried about is if I drill a hole thru the deck hull 2 or 3 inches beside the tower mount will it weaken that area of my gelcoat and cause stress cracks.What do you think?

By nickster (nar722) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brad,
I have the same boat. In addition to the tower speakers I have 2 facing forward from the rear bench, a 10" sub at the feet of the drivers seat (Behind the wall) and 2 speakers in the walkway that you described. Sounds pretty good set up that way. I was skeptcal when someone suggested that setup but I can hear those front speakers from the drivers seat and the passengers in the bow can hear those speakers well. Passengers in the rear can hear the speakers in the back plus the tower speakers....so basically music can be heard everywhere in the boat. The amps are in the storage compartment under the spotter seat.

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I to upgraded my factory installed system.
I switched to four 6 1/2" by Polk Momo, 10" sub by Polk Momo, Fusion T-Series combo tower speakers.
I just ordered 3 amps; a 4 channel, 2 channel, and a sub amp by Polk Momo to run the system. The 4 channel will run the 6 1/2s" , and the 2 channel will run the tower speakers.
I have a light bar from the factory so there is already a hole for the wires. The hole is beside the tower mount.
Hope this helps.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com