'01 Launch starter: Where to buy? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » '01 Launch starter: Where to buy? « Previous Next »
By NAW (ripr) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 8:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a friend looking for a starter for his '01 Supra Launch with the 320EFI. I have a serial number off the starter, but Indmar says they need the serial number off the motor. Boat is in storage and can't be accessed yet. Any Ideas??

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 9:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are you sure it is the starter? The chances of it being bad with a boat that should have pretty low hours is slim. Could it be a bad starter solenoid, or bad wiring connections?

As for where to get one check with skidim.com.

By NAW (ripr) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Pete. Yeah, it's odd that the starter itself is burned up, but the boat gets used and by no means has low hours.
I'm pretty confident in the guys mechanical ability and I'm sure he ruled out the supporting equipment.

I have an email in to skidim.com

Thanks.

By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 1:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the same boat. My boat only had 275 hours when it went. I got one at a local starter/alternator shop for $50. Marine grade too. If you don't mind them shipping it you may want to call the guys down here. Do a search on Yahoo yellow pages in St. Petersburg, FL for Will's Starter and Alternator. Just tell them you need a marine starter for a Chevy 350.

By Kris Johnson (zephlor) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 6:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an 01 SSV and my starter went out last month. I would have had the old one rebuilt but I was in a hurry. The new starter was $180 from the dealer but I was back on the water same day.

Thanks again Marty :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com