SkiWorld and Cope&McPhetres Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » SkiWorld and Cope&McPhetres « Previous Next »
By Jon Hewitt (jonh) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 11:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anybody have any comments on one over the other on servicing your boat.

By Jon Hewitt (jonh) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 11:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The question applies to MC.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 11:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've dealt with both. Ski world by far has the best service. Sales staff is great also.

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 6:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have not dealt with Copes for service but my buddy does all the time, and I have heard the horror stories, things not getting done when promised and I don't mean "it will be ready at 4 but you get there and have to wait 2 hours" more than 5 times it was days later. He actually droped his boat off 2 weeks before the 4th of July and they did not finnish it until the week after, and this was for a couple of Gauges being out. I deal with Ski World and they have an great service shop " Liquid wrench" is the name. They have an all indoor service shop so if you boat is in there for longer than a day its locked up inside, it dosen't get all dirty and not once have they not delivered when they said. Udy and Steve are great to deal with and more times than not they do more than expected. I agree with Tom the sales guys are the best. no pressure, more like talking to your buddy than talking to a sales guy.

By William (sonicr1) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 3:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We bought our boat from Copes but are now taking it to Ski World... it was more of Attitude issue than anything. Once Copes got our money they were jerks! We had so many problems with the boat when we first got it and it was like pulling teeth to have them fix them. Once we started going to Ski world (Liquid Wrenches) we fealt like they were trying to help us solve the problems. Not to mention the fact that I love dropping off my boat and seeing all the boats that are in the shop! But then again, most of the guys at Ski world are Cope haters... hehehe

By ALee (aaronlee13) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 4:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jon, not sure excatly where you are located, but I've been taking my boat to "the Boat Dock" in fremont and the service here is outstanding. This guy does top notch work and had great customer service. I cant compare him to ski world or Cope's just because I have not used them. But if your open to trying a new place. This place is awesome.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com