Got the boat back from stereo shop Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Got the boat back from stereo shop « Previous Next »
By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 4:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well I picked up the boat Saturday. Warlocks Audio In Rancho Cordova did the install what a great job. Warlocks is the manufacture of Bullet tower speakers. The system consists of:
Sony MP-80 deck
Marine remote(transom)
Six disc changer
Six Polk\momo db 6.75(bow dash rear)
12" Polk\momo Sub(passenger locker)
10" Polk\momo (drivers dash)
Bullet 261 db tower speakers(2)
Bullet db tower speakers (2)
Planet Audio Digital Big Bang 4 channel 1200watts x2 (one for tower one for cockpit)
Planet Audio Big Bang Digital Mono block 900 watts
Optima Blue tops x2 (just for stereo)

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 4:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hello,
What kind of grill is that on the sub? I have a 10" version of that sub and would like one of those grills.

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 5:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Fish Man Grills
I wanted to put one on the 10" but since you cant see it kind of a waste.

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 5:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where might they be available?

System looks great !
I have a toned down version of what you put in. I ended up using 3 Polk Momo amps.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 5:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice job! Those grills are bad ass

By Bennett (wakehype) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 5:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very, very clean. Nice....

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 7:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Greg
I got the grills from the install shop Warlocks Audio In Rancho Cordova,CA. I will post there Phone # tomorrow. Check out there site @ www.bulletspeakers.com

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks so much for the info!!!

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 8:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Classy and clean on the install. Congrats.

By Todd Wilson (ltw235) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 8:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, awesome setup. Can't wait to hear it sometime.

By Robert (autotunner69) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 8:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
NICE! NICE! NICE!
well done!!

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very, very nice. Are those 6.5 grills metal or plastic? They look like the real deal.

By Glen (mx21) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What is the outer diameter on those speaker grills for the 6.75 polks? I was looking to install those on my Precision Metal 8" cans instead of MBs.
Thanks,
Glen

By Rick H (blastmaster) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 9:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I heard it Saturday afternoon @ Warlocks, Just happened to be in the area and stopped by. It ROCKS without even trying. Super clean install throughout. Mad props to Warlocks.

Wonder whos system will be badder Travis or Seans? Shastafest will be rockn for sure.

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 9:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tracie-The grills are plastic though they do look like the real thing.
Glen -I will measure when I get home
Rick-Having heard both I have to give it to Travis Kind of hard to beat JL stuff but I would like to think it as a close second.

By Whirlybird (switch) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sean, NICE... how much did the tower speakers cost???

By Bigg D (pureliquid) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
xxxl wake - The setup looks pimp. I have a friend that got his system hooked up by Warlocks. They did his car also (dvd, monitors, stereo)and did a great job with that also. Congrats, maybe I'll see you out on Folsom.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 2:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sean,
Congrats on the new system being done. Looks like they did a great job on the install... well worth the wait.

So have you finished the break-in period and started riding behind your new boat yet?

I think itís time to update your profile pic with your new boat now.

Time for Shasta yet???? Canít wait.

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 5:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff Still have not got her broke in yet I am working on it. Maybe by Sunday. I think there is a few things on my profile that need to change.
I can not wait for Shasta. Travis and his crew are going for Memorial day so bummed I will be in Colorado.I was in Redding last week for a job walk. It was killing me to be that close yet so far. Hope all is well Take care and see you in July

(Message edited by swpmwinc on March 23, 2004)

By tmorefi (tmorefi) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 1:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
xxxl, How did you choose the Planet Audio amps over some other amps out there? I can't find a ton of info on them and the info I do find is mixed. How do you like them so far? clean looking set-up though..

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 3:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
tmorefi The planet audio site has not been updated for 2004 so there is not alot of info out there my install shop swears by the new didgital amps. and after hearing them I had to agree. the only specs. I have on them are as follws
BB150.4 (4 channel)
Max power 2 Ohm 300wx4
rms power 4ohm 150x4
signal to noise 102dB
freq responce 20Hz-20kHz
Size 6.5"Wx2"Hx165\8" L
BB650.1 (class d Mono block)
Max power 2ohms 900x1
rms power 4 ohms 350x1
rms power 2 ohms 600x1
signal to noise 102 db
Freq. response20Hz-250Hz
6.5"Wx2"Hx115/8"L
Planet Audio has High end and low end stuff that seems to be why the mixed reviews most of the negative things I found were about the low end stuff. The size of these amps had alot to do with why I like them plus they really do sound great. Plus there made in the U.S.A with a good warranty.

By Steve Autry (whitevlx) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 9:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice install

By Derek Bosia (dbo) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 11:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey man thats a beautiful setup what did that cost you for everything?

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Derek if you are really interested cal Warlocks Audio in Rancho Cordova,CA. 916.859.0126 I am sure they will gladly give you a quote.

By Derek Bosia (dbo) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 1:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
no i dont want a quote i have sort of the same setup +/- some things and was wondering how much it all cost you. i know mine was a lot more expensive i just am wondering.

By Larry (larry6) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 10:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
xxxl that is a sweet setup very clean in deed, How often do you ride Folsom? A buddy of mine that posts here every now and then ride together here in the Sac area we should hook up some time so I can here that beast.
L8tr.

By Thomas (h2oskeefreek) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 6:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
sweet, thos speaker grills looke like 10th Anniversary Mustang Cobra Wheels. too bad you can't get a cobra to pull your boat, that'd be sweet.

nice job overall

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 9:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry- We dont really ride Folsom at all there are so many better choice around here. Shoot me a pm and we can hook you up with a pull.

By Derek Bosia (dbo) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey xxxl if you are so generous would you like to try and hook me up with a ride?

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 9:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey I am open to give anyone a pull. During the week we go 2-3 nights the weekends are usually for the family. Anytime if you are in the area no problem.

By Derek Bosia (dbo) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 9:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what is the area you are in? i am really looking for some weekday afternoon pulls. thanks.

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 9:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
They greater Sacramento area I live in Auburn.

By Derek Bosia (dbo) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
so where do you normally go on weekdays? and what times?

By Larry (larry6) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 12:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We just started riding the river this last year I agree that the lake is not the greatest place to ride, I usually hit Melones during the summer and some times Bullards Bar. I am a beginner so i could use some help with riding.. Hell my 6 year old rides better than me. I am always looking for new places to ride.
Where do you ride during the week? Maybe we can head out there and meet up with you guys, I have an X2 and we also run behind a Centurion so we look for 3rds all the time. Let me know, again nice set up on the system i haven't quite figured out what I want to run on my tower yet. I have the basic clarion system on my boat. Sounds good enough for the family but I would love to get some more tower noise.
L8tr

By chris divers (chris138) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 8:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey, love yer system i wanted to tell u bout mine
i have a sanger v230
i have a dvd player deck with built in flat screen
6 6 and a halfs in the boat, two 6x9's
on the tower i have 4 10 inch midrange klipsch speakers with tow horns to the back and i hve 1 12 inck sub pointind down.
i have 4 15 inch subs in the boat all of this is powered by 3 jl 15000 watt amps i also added 2 extra bateries

the system is so loud when i turn it up and the subs are hitting if the water is calm enough it rippels

p.s. ill post pics when i get them, check out cky and him hey are grate bands to wakeboard to. good luck have fun

By chris divers (chris138) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 8:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sry guys 1500 watt amps

By chris divers (chris138) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 8:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey, love yer system i wanted to tell u bout mine
i have a sanger v230
i have a dvd player deck with built in flat screen
6 6 and a halfs in the boat, two 6x9's
on the tower i have 4 10 inch midrange klipsch speakers with tow horns to the back and i hve 1 12 inch sub pointind down.
i have 4 15 inch subs in the boat all of this is powered by 3 jl 15000 watt amps i also added 2 extra bateries

the system is so loud when i turn it up and the subs are hitting if the water is calm enough it rippels

p.s. ill post pics when i get them, check out cky and him hey are grate bands to wakeboard to. good luck have fun

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com