Rewiring Receiver When Adding 2nd Bat... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Rewiring Receiver When Adding 2nd Battery? « Previous Next »
By matt broad (mattbroad) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I recently bought a battery combiner from West Marine to add a second battery. The wiring and installation seemed simple enough and it works, but I now realize that only the amps are connected to the house battery and the receiver is still connected to the starting battery. My question is should I rewire the receiver so it is also connected directly to the house battery, and if so, how do I do that? If it makes any difference, the receiver is the standard Clarion that most boats come with, and I've added two additional amps to power the tower speakers and the inside speakers. Thanks.

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 5:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can leave it that way if you want.

If you have all the speakers powered off the amps (no speakers connected to the receiver directly) then the power draw from the reciever will be minimal. You certainly would not draw down your starting battery any significant amount during a normal days use.

If you left the stereo on all night, on the other hand, your current setup might end up with two dead batteries. If you anticipate falling asleep with the stereo on then you might want to reqwire the receiver to the second battery.

Rod

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com