How to hook up Amps? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » How to hook up Amps? « Previous Next »
By Chad Magro (cmagro) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have two amps: A Kenwood(old) 2 channel 400w amp and a sony explode 4channel 800w amp. What is the best way to wire the four boat speakers and two k60 tower speakers along with a 10" sub. I dont have the sub yet though.

By Mike Souza (ridn9high) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 11:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chad, are you asking how where you should wire through the boat, or which speakers to hook up to whisch amp? If you are asking question #2 give me the watts that the speakers are able to push.

I have a 700 watt amp that is pushing 4 speakers and a 10" sub. Sounds real good and you can hear the boat coming from aways away.

By Rich (rson) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 12:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would use the Kenwood as a anchor.

wire the 4 speakers on channel 1 and 2 in 2 ohms stereo, Tri-mode the remaining speakers on the rear 2 channels.

By Chad Magro (cmagro) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 3:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I want to know which speakers to hook up to which amp. I have two 6x9 memphis audio (100w? and two (old) marine 6.5 in boat. The 2 kicker k60s on the tower. No sub but adding a 10" one soon.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com