question about my boat Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » question about my boat « Previous Next »
By Hrvoje Cemeljic (cemo) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 11:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
im from croatia and new in wakeboarding. i have a board, it is Obrien custom beginners board, and i also have a Ven 470 fisherman boat. it is about 15'6 and 880lbs. it has also 50 horse power engine, and it has prety good start and top speed about 30mph. i can waterski and monoski without problem. my question is: is this boat fine for wakeboarding, considering i'm on sea, not lake (and sea is heavier then water so it should be even easier). i heard that rope should be attached to boat in diagonal position (which helps you to jump), but on my boat i can't attach rope to some high place! i can only attach rope a little higher than engine is. i hope i was clear. sorry about bad english!
here is a pic:

my boat

By Joe (sk8joe01) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 4:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

image/bmpHere are some basic ideas
Pilon pic sketch.bmp (69.2 k)

By Joe (sk8joe01) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 4:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

image/bmpAnd here are the details
Pilon pic detail.bmp (69.2 k)

(how do i get the pics to display onscreen?)

By trace (trace) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 8:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
if you're having fun, any boat is great. that tower isn't stiff enough to tie the rope to? if it were my boat, i would give that a shot... and your English is fine! :-)

By Joe (sk8joe01) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 9:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are a lot of forces involved when pulling a wakeboarder, so I wouldn't try pulling from that tower untill you reinforce it. Do this the same way you would do the front lines in the drawings i did. If reinforced frontwise, i'd think that tower would probably handle the side to side strains. Bun then, i don't know how its built or what its made of. If it were me i'd take the tower off and put in the pylon. I put in a pylon the same way on my baot and it works as well as any tower.
Well, whatever you end up doing, have fun.

By jason stone (jjswierd) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 9:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
buy a inboard and find yourself a lake with some glass.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com