X-30 water leaking into bilge Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » X-30 water leaking into bilge « Previous Next »
By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My forward bilge pump kicks on every 3 minutes or so and spits out about a gallon of water. Obviously I have a leak. I was trying to find it and I can hear water dripping somewhere under the tranny or at least its seems that way. It's a v-drive with the mcx. Water pools near the center drain plug and in the ballast compartment (ski locker). I take on water with both the engine on and off. Any suggestions? I might take it out again tomorrow for further inspection.

By MAC (mac_attack) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
driveshaft packing?

By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How would I check that? I plan on taking it in for warranty, just wanted to be able to give them good info. I did notice rust colored deposits coming from the driveshaft under the boat. Didn't think that was normal. But if that was leaking would I hear the water dripping in the bilge? I was inclined to think it was a hose line leak or something.

By Tom V (x10) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check your ballast system connections

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com