Board Racks Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Board Racks « Previous Next »
By Eric (eric_wake) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 8:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm looking for board racks for a 2002 MOOMBA LS. Can anyone suggest good racks that will fit this particular boat. Any help is greatly appreciated.

eric

By hyperlitenerd (hyperlitenrd) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What size is the tubbing on the tower??? check out some online stores like www.boardersparadise.com www.buywake.com www.wakeside.com they all sell board racks, and list the diffrent sizes

By Brian (mtv_firemedic) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mako makes an excellent rack..and they are the official rack of the 2004 Moomba and Supra Boats...they make ski and hydrofoil racks that are interchangeable with the same mount..and they are also removable to keep them safe...one mount 3 different racks..tubing size on rad-a-cage(Moomba's Tower) is 1 5/8 or 1.66

By Wakeside.com (wakeside1) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 1:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mako does the OE racks for Moomba. Looks like we need to add the oval mount to our site - just noticed that it is missing. Boss also makes an oval rack that fits Supra and Moomba.

We just added New Dimension Towers on Friday. The owner used to build the OEM Moomba towers through 2000. He sold his company to Xtreme Marine who makes the Mastercraft, Supra, and Moomba towers. New Dimensions offers two pairs of forks that bolt directly onto the Moomba oval cross member. The price is $399.95. That will be the most solid, simplest solution you can find.

We have not added the rack only option yet but we can get them for you.

Does your boat have an oval cross member?

Mike

By Eric (eric_wake) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks like my boat does have the oval cross member. Brian, I like the idea of having 3 different interchangeable racks with the same mount.
Mike, I checked out the website and got some great info there. Thanks! Those New Dimension racks seem like they would be really solid, and more affordable. $399.95 is for two pair right?

Once you have board racks installed, can you still collapse the tower when needed?

Eric

By Wakeside.com (wakeside1) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 9:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Two pairs of forks which makes two racks.

By Brian (mtv_firemedic) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 1:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Go MAKO .. I really like mine.. in fact, I had the old style that came with my boat when i bought it from a guy... they had round pegs on the mounts that the rack slid onto then tightened down with a bicycle style clamp.. the problem was that if going fast or hit a bump hard.. the rack with boards would spin.. one guy had his come completely off,...and ding his boat.. anyways. Mako, being the stand up company they are, has offered free retrofit to the style rack, i sent the mounts and rack in on monday.. and they should be here tomorrow.. I got a phone call from them the day they were received by them, and they were already back in the mail.. Brand NEW racks and mounts.. these incorporate square pegs (and a set screw) i believe that will keep rack from spinning and lock it on solid so.. way to go MAKO.. see their site for more info on racks.. and just looking around, www.wakeside.com has the best prices.. and free shipping I think.. I will be ordering some waterski racks from them in a week or 2 since I lost my ski locker to 400# of ballast.. and the nice thing is, if I am going just wakeboarding, I can put on 2 racks for 4 boards.. If going both wakeboarding and skiing, change out a wakeboard rack for a ski rack. , or I can carry all 3 racks.. for a busy weekend.. all with the same mount that can be put on any upright what ever height you want.. Problem with crossbar mount, is that it is stuck right there.. My .02
Brian

By Jeff Merrill (double_fisted) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 4:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Double Fisted Universal mount racks work great on those towers. You can check them out at http://double-fisted.com/racks.htm. They will mount to the oval cross bar and will not rotate. The mounts are rubber backed and no set screws are used, so they will not damage your tower.

By Jeremy (supraking) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 9:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out FLuid Concepts
www.fluidconcepts.net

They are very affordable, polished with a great look, and hold up very well. Let me know if your interested and I will cut you a deal on them and ship them to you.

email me if interested jwiczek@nisswamarine.com

-Northern Minnesota Dealer

By Wakeside.com (wakeside1) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Fluid Racks are great racks, super strong since they start with 5/8 inch billet. They are also stylish in their simplicity. However, for a Supra or Moomba with an oval shaped cross-member, Fluid does not yet offer the oval mount. They will be adding an oval mount later this year.

Mike

By carlos (role2blind) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Fluid does offer a oval rack. i believe it's the type one rack check the there site http://fluidconcepts.net/Pages/boardracks/type1.htm. I think i heard thwy will be coming out with an oval clamp for there type II

By Wakeside.com (wakeside1) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Carlos- you are absolutely correct. I was thinking about their Type II rack and totally forgot about the Type I. Wakeside has only offered Fluid for a few weeks so I spaced out.

Here is the link at Wakeside:

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/fluid_concepts_wakeboard_racks/fluid_concepts_type_1_wakeboard_rack

Mike
http://www.wakeside.com

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com