Which Liquid nails for amp? Help.. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Which Liquid nails for amp? Help.. « Previous Next »
By tmorefi (tmorefi) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Which Liquid Nails do you guys use to mount your amps on the hull? I bought some at home depot (Heavy Duty Construction and Remodeling) and the board didn't stick. There are like 20 types of Liquid Nails. Thanks. Grant?

By Chad (healing) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has anyone tried Gorilla Glue, also at Home Depot?

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You need to glue the board then mount the amp to it. You will need to use a good bit to fill all the irregularities of the fiberglass.

By Karl De Looff (boarditup) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Go to the autoparts store and get 3-M Windo-weld. It is removable, but your amp will stick in place as well as a windshield in your car. It will not damage fiberglass, but will stain gel-coat if left in place for along time.

I also recommend that you mount your amp to a piece of plywood with 1" spacers for air circulation. Then mount the ply to the hull with the Windo-weld. It does make a difference.

By tmorefi (tmorefi) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 4:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's mounted correct I just need the right type of glue / liquid nails. most people previously recommended it but not sure which type.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com