13th Floor Towers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » 13th Floor Towers « Previous Next »
By eric fox (fox) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 7:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anybody using one or riding on a boat with one? They look sick, and I just wonder how well they are working for people. I find myself with a little extra funding and thought I might treat myself.

Eric

By Richard B. (cws_kahuna) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 9:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have seen a few of them. The Mastercraft dealer near me has them setup in their shop and they do look very nice.

By Brian Ross (bross) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 12:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Low head room. These towers don't work well on boats over 20' long.

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 1:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tax refund!!! Wooohoooo!

By Jeff Lind (jeefy) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 1:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have one on my 2000 MC Prostar 195 and like it. Its had 2 years of good use and is working well. Note, I have the previous version before the "spikes" or whatever they are. Yes, I am happy with my 13th floor however, I think there may be better towers for the money out there. Some of the Monster, Titan and Skylon towers seem pretty cool to me also.

By eric fox (fox) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 1:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Jeff, thanks for the input. I was curious if it is still feeling pretty rigid or not, and how well they mount to the glass. I have a 92 SN so I have plenty of good space to bolt to the boat. I do like the monster, as it is relatively inexpensive and they seem to have their shiz together. But I do like to be different, I just don't want to waste money. Does it fold down to get in the garage easy?

Eric

By Jeff Lind (jeefy) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 1:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Eric,

Its still as rigid as it was at install, but its not as rigid as the OEM MC Zero Flex towers that come on MCs. If I really tug on it I can get it to flex some, but it has been pretty good to ride behind - Of course I have nothing to compare it too. DOH! Its the only boat with a tower I have ridden behind. I do have some small cracking in the gel coat where 2 of the tower feet mount and holes were drilled. On my model, I have to remove 4 bolts (2 on 2 legs) and then the tower folds down easy. Having to take the bolts out is not as slick as some of the other towers, but it can all be done in less than a minute. Like I said overall, I like the tower and it works well, but I don't think its the best for the money.

Good luck.

-Jeff

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com