numberNeed your help......Boat numbers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » numberNeed your help......Boat numbers « Previous Next »
By Shane Gilstrap (udlose) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 5:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I live in Kansas and am getting ready to put on my KA numbers and cant decide on color or style...I have a '03 MC 205V...the boat has the puffy style mastercraft stickers does anyone know if these can be bout in numbers...show me your pics of numbers on your boats!!!

Thanks in advance

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 6:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
follow your state law on letter/number size, contrasting color and placement.

By airfreak (airfreak) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 6:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shane,
Just took the Coast Guard safety course, and the instructors were saying that Kansas is planing to start inforceing the stickers. If I remember right, 3" block design and contrasting colors. Don't be fooled by the stickers that say they are Coast Guard approved. The CG never approves stickers.

Where do you ride? I was on Eldorado on Sunday. All glass.

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 8:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is a place that makes domed boat registration letters. http://www.signsandprints.com/dome_letter.htm

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 11:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Get them hand brush painted on, they look so much better. A good sign shop should be able to do it, or the dealer might have a recommendation.

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well of course he is going to try to convince you that "his set" is better because that is sales, but painting them on is actually cheaper. A good sign shop should be able to free hand them in about 20 minutes. Our local dealerships (At least Correct Craft) often do it for no charge. The painted on numbers can be removed down the road should the boat be sold out of state, otherwise the numbers remain the same. When I sold my boat the guy really liked the painted on numbers and other custom things that are one offs. Anyone can buy stickers, but no two hand painted jobs are ever the same.

Shane, pick whatever you like the most and get it done. We have been pulled over and hassled for not having registration numbers on a brand new Nauty that Darin won and my friend purchased from him.

Here is what mine looked like, and Wes' SANTE looks sweet too.

By john smith (x2hoss) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, i also hand paint letters and airbrush too. But strongly do not recomend doing this. Most hand painters use 1shot paint and that paint can bite or bleed into some gelcoats. if you want a hand painted job, you can use paint receptive vinyl and still come out with the same effect as a custom hand paint job. I'm not trying to sell you on anything,but i would like the number for the dealer that does it for free

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are several guys over on MBO that have gotten the domed letters from the signs&prints link above & have been really happy with them (they look really good in the pictures, too). Also, I've read over there that Tilly's Marine can hook you up with domed reg numbers/letters that exactly match the Malibu logo, but I don't know about MC. I plan on going that route for the new boat when it comes in.

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 1:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out Domed Numbers at http://www.domednumbers.com. Not only do they provide a great product, but they also support WakeWorld! :-)

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 2:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
do it by the regs, or your just lookin to get hassled.

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 9:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
"Our local dealerships (At least Correct Craft) often do it for no charge."

My Correct Craft dealer is charging me $140 to do it this Saturday...........of course if I spent $55k on a new boat they would do it for free!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com