depth finder problems? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » depth finder problems? « Previous Next »
By greg (malibususpect) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 5:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
our depth finder on our '99 wakesetter wont register the depth. the disply is on but no depth. what is cousing this and how can it be fixed? thanks for any help

By greg (malibususpect) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 6:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
anyone?

By walt (walt) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 6:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check the wire that goes from the depth finder to the transducer and make sure the connection is good.
Is the transducer mounted on the transom or in your bilge ?

By greg (malibususpect) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 8:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i honestly dont know where the transducer is located. could you tell me what it may look like

By walt (walt) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 9:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
take a look on the back of your boat and see if there is anything mounted below the water line besides your Speedo pick up's.
If it's not there it most likely is glued to the floor in your bilge. It will most likely be near you your raw water pick up.
It will be shaped like a triangle or round with one wire coming out of it.
Follow the wire up to the gauge and make sure it's not damaged and check that it's connected to the gauge.
The only other thing I can think of is if it is a transom mount transducer (back of boat) They are made to swing up if it hits something and you would need to push it down and back in to place.
If you have a digital camera take a pick of the back of your boat and a few of your bilge area and post them. Then I can tell you where it is.

By Andrew Adams (wolfpack) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 6:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had to have mine replaced. Now I have two transducers epoxied to the hull.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com