malibu wedge Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » malibu wedge « Previous Next »
By Ryan Newcomb (jnewcom) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 4:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm really not trying to bring all this stuff up again, i've read all the last posts, but I have a 03 VLX with 160hrs. We've used the wedge alot with no problems (I actually like it alot). I been hearing about stripping of bolts and etc., and was wondering if I should check mine out. If someone has had this problem that could tell me what to look for, tighten, replace etc it would be appreciated. Mine might not ever mess up, but I would feel better about it I guess if I could check it out myself and make sure everything is ok.

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 7:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
supposedly it is fixed in your boat. Someone can correct me, but, I think the issue was the depth of the tapped holes in the wedge. They were not deep enough and when the went to torque the bolts, they were bottomed out and not actually torqued. The symptom reared it's ugly head with sharp turns. You would feel the boat kind of slide out a little and the wedge would bend up like a pretzel.

By zach (klk) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 8:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have heard most of the pro's don't use the wedge. Is that true?

By malibudude (malibudude) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 8:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rod,

That was part of the issue the other was simply the bolts we're substandard. The issue has been corrected and you can check w/ you're dealer to verify that yours isn't affected. You're boat should be fine.

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 9:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Malibudude.

By JZwake (jzwake) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zach, all the pros I have talked to or heard about second hand form a good source do use there wedge. I know a couple years ago they didn't as much but now I think they do.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It was the first half of the year 2002's. My last boat (2002 built in March) already had the correction. Of course my boat was from the Tn plant, the CA plant might have been on a little different schedule with the wedges.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com