People with or with out boats!!!!!!!! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » People with or with out boats!!!!!!!! « Previous Next »
By zach (klk) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 1:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why are there so many people out there that think they know everything about every boat yet most of the people that seem to post on wakeworld don't seem to have a boat, or at least the people that post the most. i don't care who you are it seems to me that until you own one you don't and can't fully understand a boat and therefore should keep your mouth shut when people ask about boats unless you have one, i am tired of seeing people tell people to go one way or another when they themsleves have not done the proper reasearch and have had the experiences that come with owning their own boat.
my two cents.

By JONb (jonb) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 1:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
maybe those people parents hjad a boat while they were growing up, or they go out everyweekend with their friends who have boats, it is easy to learn what boats are good and arent just by being around them, and from the looks of it you dont have a boat either so how do you no that what they are saying is true or not because you obviosly wouldnt no because you dont have a boat. Did you no anything about a car before you got a car, i hope so because your parnts had one so you new something just by being aroud it.

By zach (klk) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 1:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah ok i don't own a tige 21i 2003 its just my imagination. i do own one so deal with it, and yes it's Mine. and i have many friends that did grow up like that and act like they know everything and time and time again they make idiots of themselves when they try to act like they know everything. and as for cars i reasearched before the purchase and test drove. and as for the parents having one, they actualy gave Me one of my own, not let me use -gave-, when i turned 15 and another after high school graduation, so deal with that too.
and if i didn't have my own boat i wouldn't have the right to complain but i DO.
My Tige'

By Ryan Newcomb (jnewcom) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 2:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree somewhat with Zach. I have owned two boats, and during that time I have rode pretty much witht he same 5 people. They're some of my best friends but they don't know everything about what goes on with my boat for sure. They mainly just go out there and wakeboard behind it, they're not there when you have to make repairs and things like that. Some of theses people do know a little about the boat I'm sure, but would not know everything about it like the owner would.

By Thane Dogg (thane_dogg) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 2:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm a whore. I ride behind/in and drive a lot of different boats. I have an opinion on what I like and what I don't like. I'll express that opinion whenever I like so... "deal with it."

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 2:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't think some of my riding partners understand the thing runs on gas!

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 2:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zach,
Not trying to be a dick, but you sound like a spoiled brat that's been fed with a silver spoon. Just b/c someone doesn't own a boat doesn't mean they don't know shizzle about them. Some do, some don't. The mechanic who works on my boat doesn't own his own, never has. And he knows more than I could ever hope to about boats. I feel you on "know it alls" but that's life man. Take their opinions for what they are...personal opinions. Having a hissy over it doesn't bode well for your argument. Why not just call em on it in the thread?

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 2:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zach, I dont know if im reading you right but you seem to be comming of a bit strong. I hear what your saying and agree with you, but I think the people your talking about are trying to help people out, Advice is worth what you pay for it. Some advice here is great some is like you said the wrong direction. I dont think they are giving advice to mess people up, so I have a hard time jumping on people that give advice that I myself would not take, But some times I look at threads where someone has asked a good question and I see exactley what your talking about so I see your point, Do these people own boats? Who cares bad Advice is bad advice, boat owner or not. Just because some one dosent own a boat dosen't mean that they dont know what they are talking about. You could have just bought your first boat and payed 80k for it that dosent make you a expert.

This is funny that you bring this up because I was looking a "Non waking" thread where people with kids were telling people with out Kids that they couldnt comment till they had there own' now does the same train of thought apply here pretty funny

By kristian coltman (kristian) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 2:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ditto on Thanes comment.

We have opinions, if someone asks, we are going to voice, weather you listen to us, thats up to you. Of course, we arn't going to go into, insurance prices and such, but we know what we like and what we don't like and some of us have much more technical experience. we speak our mind, only to help the person who asked. I'm terribly sorry that I don't have the 40K for a boat.

(Message edited by kristian on March 18, 2004)

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 2:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow. A bit worked up?? Might be that some of the boat owners on WW are a bit more selective on when they post about boats so as to avoid the same old my brand is better than your brand threads…

Sounds like you may be too sensitive to the occasional Tige bashing that goes on here on WW. Not sure who your “idiot” friends are that “are acting like they know everything.”

No you do not have to own a boat to know about different brands. I know a lot of people without boats that could be considered a professional third and have a lot of experience driving and ridding behind different boats. The answers you get about different boat will depend on how you ask the question. Everyone is going to have different opinion on boats and wakes. Part of the value of a forum like WW is to get all types of feedback.

Deal with it.

By Chris Olsson (moondoggie) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stupid Post. What about boat owners that may own a "Tige" but want to talk about why theirs is better than other brands on the market? If you own a certain brand, you don't know S**T about other boats in general? If that is true, then nobody on this site should be able to say sh*t about any other boat but the one that they own. They are called opinions. Everyone has one, some smell better than others. Furthermore, that would be true for differnet model boats that the same company makes. How would someone know something about an x-10 vs. an x-2. Do I have to own both boats to voice my opinion on the differences? If you don't like the posts, read over them, or laugh off the ones you don't agree with. You are sounding like a little B*%@*. Quit whining.

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
haha Nick H.

I just got this sticker. It's funny how my old friends that I introduced to wakeboarding are the cheapo's. Its the people I meet on here and wb.com and their friends that actually give me money for gas. The closer friends think i'm just doing them a favor or something by shelling out all this cash for gas.

Zack, you have a boat, good for you, we're proud. There are much less obnoxious ways of showing how happy you are that you own a boat than ripping on people who don't own boats and then posting that you down own one. You should be happy most of the people who don't own boats would probably love to be in your situation.

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Most all of the posters on those opinion threads say that you need to drive and ride behind first, then make your decision. True ownership means paying all of the bills, is it you or your parents making all of those payments for gas, bank note, maintenance?

Maybe the title of this thread should have been
"Hey look at me, I need the attention"

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
True ownership means owning the pink slip not making payments to a bank for use of the boat.

Currently I do not own a boat, but why when my friends own nice boats! This also allows me to learn more about other boats just like Thane said.

"Deal with it" Haha

By Mark Anderson (puckinshat) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom,
I have the same sticker except it says mastercraft instead of boat. Most of my guests look at it and don't get it. Or choose to ignore it. That is why I have a pretty high turn over rate with fellow riders. If you don't want to pitch in and help, then get the F off my boat! I totally agree with your point about the old freinds think you are doing them a favor. My favorite is my buddy, lets call him Jim. Jim thinks that becasue he drove himself up to my cabin (30 min away) in his 2003 Audi (he's 20) that I he should not have to give me any gas money. He took time out of his busy day to get a pull behind my boat. Some people...

As for the original post, sweet you got your own boat and your parents are well off enough to give you a car at 15 and after graduation. But who gives a #$%& My parents bought me a truck when I turned 16 and I was fortunate to find a great deal on a boat and an even better sales approach to my dad to get him to pay for it. But am I here complaining about why people help in advising what boat to buy. Some people make me so mad. GRRRRRRRR

By Rich's Rule (gunz) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By Robert (ag4ever) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are you going by the people's bio to determine whether or not they have a boat?

Just because the don't preface every opinion with "I own XYZ boat", does not automatically mean they own a boat.

BTW, I own a '02 SANTE, err, the back owns a '02 SANTE which I make regular payments on. I hope to own it one day.

By Nick (tiger20) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 4:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bump >> to what Thane and Chris said.

By zach (klk) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 5:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
glad you own a boat obviously i was not saying anything negative towards boat owners. but, it would seem to me that if the non boat owners didn't didn't think they knew everything there wouldn't be people that agreed with me and obviously there are, also if the non boat owners weren't so arrogant they wouldn't be outraged at my post nor would i have wanted to make the post.

By thomas (tball) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 5:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Angry thread.

I hate almonds and people that don't use turn-signals.

Deal with it.

By Rich's Rule (gunz) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 5:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
De-caf dude.........

By Rob4Senate (rob4senate) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 5:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zach,
Overall I would say your argument is weak. Just because I do not own a boat does not mean I know nothing about boats or can not comment about them. People's experience and general understanding of the equipment, sport and application is what gives someone the ability to comment on their boat preferences.

I have been in competition ski boats (of all types) since I was 2YRS old. I have been driving competition ski boats (of all types) since I was 10YRS old. I have been working at ski schools for the past 7YRS with 3 different brands of boats. I am also a very good boat whore with a fine stable of options to ride. Yet, during all of this time, "I" never owned a boat myself. So, according to your analogy, I should not comment on this board about boats? It does not make sense to me… Now, if you would have commented about people who think they are “know it alls” getting on your nerves, you would have my support.
Later,
RST

By zach (klk) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 5:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah people that don't use turn signals annoy me too. and yes angry thread, i was having a bad day when i decided to post.
and yes you are right there are exceptions some times just like the boat mechanic with out a boat,
thanks captin obvious.

(Message edited by klk on March 18, 2004)

By shane (auto) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 5:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zach I will chime in, I never owned a boat until last year. My roommate in college was the Malibu Dealer, one buddy had a Nautique, the other a MC, and the ski team a BU. I guarantee just because I did own a boat does not mean I did not have a good understanding of the marine industry and what was involved with boat ownership.

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 9:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are a lot of people on this site that are whores (like Thane ) that are obviously pretty well informed, & likewise there are a lot of people here that do own boats that don't know what an impeller or packing nut is, let alone where it's located or what to do with it. The opinions expressed by people like Thane & Kristian are valuable to this site & when I see them make a comment I pay attention. Stop being so judgemental - what, you've never made a fool of yourself? Allow others that freedom & worry about yourself.

Besides, you'll ruin some of the entertainment value if people aren't allowed to make fools of themselves.

(Message edited by mb_girl on March 18, 2004)

By john smith (x2hoss) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 6:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
<<<peter>>> when you make those payments. then you can talk about true ownership.What a JAck@$$.

By JimR (jimr) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 7:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, when you put it that way, there are a lot of people who don't own their house, their car, their big screen TV, their bedroom set or even their college degree yet.

I guess you wouldn't even know sheesh about your occupation until the student loans are payed off.

By Chris (arrowride) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 8:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, so I had a boat but I sold it and ordered a new boat. But I don't own a boat right now. Does that mean I have to wait until it gets here before I know anything?

By zach (klk) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 8:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
don't be a dumb a$$ chris you know thats not what was meant

By 882001 (882001) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 8:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the motor is out of my boat but i still own it so does that mean i "know" half as much?
i hope i will "know" more soon. then i can call you a jackass!

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
882001, why is the motor out, winter rebuild?

By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 9:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree. But I want to see some examples.

By Tom (tcaton) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 9:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This sounds like a thread that should be on Wakeboarder.com

By NAW (ripr) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 9:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maybe some people sell boats, are promo reps, mechanics or sponsored riders. They may not 'own' a boat, but I'd bet they know a thing or two about them.

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
JOHN SMITH wrote <<<peter>>> when you make those payments. then you can talk about true ownership.What a JAck@$$.

You obviously did not read what I wrote. Nice of you to call me names.

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Since I'm "Captain Obvious", I'll state the obvious. You need anger management. Go see a shrink and stop waa waa posting like a spoiled brat that has daddy's money, car, boat or whatever... Get over it, Or "deal with it" as you whined. It's your post who labeled everyone who doesn't own a boat. I second the motion to rename the post... "hey look at me.. I need attention."

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Non boat owners have unbiased opinions. They don't have to justify their purchase.

By kristian coltman (kristian) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I nominate Blabel for post of the month.

By kristian coltman (kristian) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 6:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
<<<tracie>>> WOW, someone listens to me? Thanks for the compliment

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 2:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
time for a nap?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 4:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I second Blabel. When I was looking for a boat to import I couldn't test drive so I relied a great deal on other peoples views. I valued boat hores opinions more than boat owners because they didn't have the ownership googles on and generally rode a bigger variety of boats. It worked out very good for me I am stoked with the boat I got.

By ponchevez (ponchevez) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 10:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
WHERE CAN I BUY THAT STICKER ????

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
ebay

here's the link to the completed auction, i didn't win this one, but won another from the same guy for a different decal, and asked him if he could make one of these too and he said sure, he makes them himself so he could make another

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3666040695&category=23807&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBDW%3AIT&rd=1

here is the e-mail address
mldizazzo@videotron.ca

(Message edited by tommyadrian5 on March 22, 2004)

By JohnE (tigejohn21i) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 1:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If merely owning a boat makes me an expert, then put a Phd after my name :-)

By Rich (rson) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 3:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm with Zach, all ya'll B-whore's need to know your place and not try to answer any posts from us boat owners!!!

By Barry (barry) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 5:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You guys have got to be kidding me. Zach, you couldn't possibly beleive that because someone doesn't own a boat their opinion is not valid.

I'm willing to bet that the boat whores on WW have far more to offer then a 5 year old with a silver spoon in his mouth..

B-

By Barry (barry) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 5:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wait, did I say 5 year old? Sorry, I meant 6.. the keys are close and I have fat fingers.

By JONb (jonb) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 5:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
zach did your parents pay for the boat too

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 5:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Barry don't offend my 6-year old like that. Even he knows better.

By JONb (jonb) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
zach so you can only coment about tiges now not any other type of boat

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tiges are considered boats...

just kidding

By Matt Anderson (xaggie) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 1:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like most other Tiges.....except Zachs' his sux. BTW at least in Texas mommy daddy or someone over 18 whould have had to come out with Zach on HIS boat.....the one he got when he was 15.

(Message edited by xaggie on March 23, 2004)

By Tim Efraim (time) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 3:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That picture is from this site......B (Banks) has it posted from a couple days ago.

By Tim Efraim (time) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 3:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zach....that isn't your boat.....That picture is from this site......B (Banks) has it posted from a couple days ago.

By ALee (aaronlee13) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 4:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
zach must not be a boat owner... you must not believe his BS

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com