Weighting an X10 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Weighting an X10 « Previous Next »
By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My friend has an X10 and we are adding weight and trying to figure out the optimal amount and distribution.

He currently runs stock plus around 700 lbs of lead, most of which we have up in the nose. We would like to build the wake in terms of size and steepness if possible. We are considering adding two sacks to the back, plumbed into the existing plumbing that goes to the tanks, probably adding about another 600 lbs. This would take us to about 2200 lbs of weight, which should throw a good wake, neh?

Thoughts from any X10 owners out there?

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 2:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just make sure you have a good balance between the front and back. Too much in the back and she has a hard time getting up to speed. Let me know how you plumbed the back sacks into the existing system. 2200 lbs plus people should throw a huge wake.

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 7:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andre the Giant...check this thread out...
I'm going a little overboard on the rears, but I want to have good wakesurfing flexibility.

Just waiting for warmer weather to give it the first run.

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?p=277083&highlight=#277083

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 2:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Paul,
I have been through the same process when trying to dial in my Maristar wake over the last few seasons. I have a number of e-mails from other WW members with X10’s or Maristars.

Remember the exact number weighting number depends on how many people you ride with. If you have a few people you can experiment with having them move from the back seat to the front or even the bow. You may be surprised how much difference you notice in the wake just from moving one 200lb guy into the bow.

I would start with the basic formula of 60% in back 40% in front. If you add more to the back it will help steepen the wake…. But too much will hurt fuel use and planning times.

Start by deciding on how much weight to add to the rear.(bags and people) If you are looking at adding bags in addition to the tanks… I would recommend that you just pull out the hard tanks and add bigger bags. 550s are enough. The square looking launch pad bags posted above look great but are a bit of overkill for regular wake boarding. (unless you are riding with just a driver and spotter) Looks like they take all your storage too. If you do run more in the back make sure you have a way to still fit 40% up front… I did not like trying to use water in the front… IMO you can’t get enough water weigh under the seats… that’s why I am using lead up front now. I did not want bags on the floor if I could help it.

Now comes the issue of how much lead you need to balance the wake and can your rig tow more weight. When I do big road trips I cut back on the lead and through a sack in the bow if needed.

I am currently running 550/s in the back. I have about 400 I can fit in the ski locker and run 400-500 in lead under the bow seats. I adjust the fill level of the bags in the back depending on how many people I have in the boat. 2,000-2,200 is about right with 3 people in the boat. I think keeping it balanced is more important than just total weight. Good luck. Half the fun is just experimenting. Any questions shoot me an e-mail.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com