HELP 4 or 2 channel amp for towers sp... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » HELP 4 or 2 channel amp for towers speakers « Previous Next »
By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 9:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am about to purchase the T series speakers from Fusion. Each one of the pair consists of a 6 1/2", 5 1/4" and a tweater.
Would a 2 channel amp run the pair or is a 4 channel amp required?
Sorry for the newbee question.

By Bob (bob) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what is the impedence or Ohm rating of the speakers? 2 will do but youll want alot of power, problem with a 4 channel is having to run the extra wires for the other channels.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 12:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You should double check with Fusion, I'd bet they know how various configurations work and can help you get the right setup. They have some really good looking speakers.

By Mike Teague (bigdeal) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 9:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Since you're looking at installing a 'pair' of speakers, I'd bet you should be good to go with a two channel amp. The speaker configuration (i.e. woofer, mid-woofer, and tweeter) shouldn't make any difference since you'll undoubtedly have a two wire connection per speaker. Better for you anyway since two channel amps are less expensive than four channels, so you should be able to buy more amp for your $$$.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com