dewinterizing Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » dewinterizing « Previous Next »
By robert hunter (lake_side) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 8:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used fogging oil to lube cylinders during the winter.My question is when I put my hoses back on should I start it with the old plugs first then put the new one's in or just put the new one's in and go with it.

By Craig Isom (cisom) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 8:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Start it up with the old ones. It'll smoke like a mosquito fogger until it burns off the fogging oil. Then change them if you need to. The plugs will clean up if they are good.

By robert hunter (lake_side) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 9:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks still going to change them and oil all that stuff ready to get on water.

By malibudude (malibudude) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rob,

I change the oil after the last time out so it's ready to go for spring and the old oil isn't siting in it for a couple of months. After I fogged the engine three years in a row it'll smoke but never had any problems w/ the plugs faltering. It may run rough for a minute or two then smooth out.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com