Tower Speakers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Tower Speakers « Previous Next »
By Kyle (caliwakeboarder) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 7:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What would be louder, 4 6x9 (B-69)or the B-530 setup if they were powered at max rms?

By Maverick LTD (maverick_gear) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
im not sure bro, i got 3 sets of B-70's on my tower its loud 6x9's are loud too, go listen to some at a dealer. 6x9's tend to distort more than a round speaker...

By Brad Duffy (the_madness) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 2:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got 4 MB Quart DTC 6x9s (same speakers as B-69) in a custom aluminum box on my tower and they sound really good on the platform while you're getting ready to ride, but they aren't very loud at the end of the rope.

By Clint Holland (clint_h) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 2:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got the B-530s and they aren't very loud at the end of the roper either.

By Kyle (caliwakeboarder) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much power do you have driving the speakers? What amp etc...

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I truly don't think you'll find a car speaker that you can hear nice and clear at 75 feet with the engine and water noise. Try the pro-audio stuff like some of the guys on this site have developed if you want true volume and clarity while riding. If your cool with listening while your getting ready and hearing it not as clear at 75, that's totally cool too and both those will work well. I'd go with the 530's between those two sets.

www.nvs1.net is a good source for the pro-audio stuff, though.

By Brad Duffy (the_madness) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm running a rockford fosgate 700x
RMS Power at 2 Ohms 175 W x 4 or
RMS Power at 4 Ohms 87.5 W x 4

I'm running mine at 4 ohms, I don't think the speaker I have could handle any more.

By stephen (scubastevebps) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 4:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had this same problem too when I was looking for tower speakers. I listened to the 6 X 6.5" setup in a box and was not real impressed. As soon as I heard the 6 X 6X9 box I was sold. I'm planning to run a higher powered 6X9 component set that sounds much better than regular coaxials with a 600X4 phoenix gold amp.

By Jeremy (supraking) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Look into Fluid concept speakers, they are unbeleivably crisp and loud sounding.

www.fluidconcepts.net

dont let there size fool you....

By Joe (joe_788) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 6:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree with Scott. I've never heard any tower speaker setup that sounded anything CLOSE to the NVS 808 setup. It was four 8's, and two horns, driven by an 800 watt amp. I think it's about 1600 bucks for the speakers. It absolutely on any of the traditional car audio stuff I've heard.*

It borders on too loud, and it's crisp.

*Note: I have not ridden behind every single tower speaker setup in the world. Just some of the common stuff.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com