do '85 nautique 2001 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » do '85 nautique 2001 « Previous Next »
By jason stone (jjswierd) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 7:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do these models have wooden floors?

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 8:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, and stringers, but the stringers are made of Douglas Fir (really hard wood) I believe.

By jason stone (jjswierd) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 8:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What other problems would you look for on these older '85 2001 models?

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 9:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Those are the two biggest issues, the engines are 351 PCM which most will say are the best from the era and the Borg Warner trannies are very simple, and are often referred to as "bulletproof" These boats have fantastic wakes. A couple of moderators at wakeboarder.com have really nice 2001's search for posts by BIGMAC and Eric over there.

By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 3:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an 86 and the only issue is room if you take more then 5 people with you. But alot of people love those old nautiques. I was at the boat show in Sac last weekend and one of the hyperlite riders that was helping out my fiance asked what kind of boat we had, I told him and he offered to buy it right there on the spot. It kind of made me feel good........I love my old nauti

By Scott (deepcove) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, it would have a wooden floor and stringers, Correct Craft did not change this until 1992.....so I am lead to believe.

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have a line on a skitique if you are interested located in east tn from a guy i bought a boat from in 98.
it is smaller in length and wake size than a '2001', but an awesome boat. email if interested and i can forward the pictures.

yes, it has wood in the construction. 93 was the first year of composite stringers for cc.

By Brian Morrison (morribd) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
my family owns an '85 2001. It was probably the 4th boat that we owned. We have never had any problems out of the engine or tranny. Of course it's mechanical and really old, so some small parts have to be replaced from time to time, but nothing more than $40-$50. Also,I have noticed that the same price we bought our boat for 4 years ago, it is still selling for today. I would recommend a tower over the pole, it just looks cooler.

By jason stone (jjswierd) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 8:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the reply
anymore info

By jason stone (jjswierd) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 8:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Also what do you think about this engine does that look like salt water corrosion around the fitting, see what you think and let me know.

By NautiqueJeff (planetnautique) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's an article that may help point you in the right direction.

http://www.planetnautique.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostWrap&file=index&page=http://www.planetnautique.com/CorrectCraftManuals/2001.htm

By DJL (dholio) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That particular engine looks like trouble. The filter looks pretty disgusting. Did you check the dipstick? It looks like some potential corrosion there.

By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 2:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man I must have gotten really lucky with my boat because my engine doesn't have hardly any corrosian or rust on it. And my boat is 3 times dirtier then when I bought it....Unfortunatley...It's still pretty clean

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com