What pump should i get? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » What pump should i get? « Previous Next »
By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 3:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I need to get my pump for my ballast system. I want a self-priming, reversible pump that's relatively speedy. I will be hooking it into the switches already on my dash.

Any suggestions?

By Brian (mtv_firemedic) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 5:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
jabsco ballast puppy.. reversible, self priming, ignition protected(so you dont blow up) and about 10gpm comes with 20 amp rocker ballast switch that says fill/ballast/empty. they have improved design and fixed the issues they had with water puppy pumps also.. need at least 12g wire to the pump so that it has enough power to start reverse and overcome the inital friction. that was another issue they had.. under powered wiring.. so.. there are Simer Pumps too.. but not ignition protected so cannot mount anywhere near closed engine compt..

By actiondcpd (actiondcpd) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 5:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yep... I think those are your two choices. I went with the simers since I mounted them in an ultra-ventilated spot and they were half the cost.

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 5:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I looked at both of those but was not impressed at all with the flow rate. My friend has a 3800gph Rule that I'm going to use for the intake and I have a 2000gph Rule for the drain. So I have decided to go with the 2 pump system.

By Mike (upupnaway) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 6:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
just make sure you keep the hoses as short as possible. the longer the hose, the slower the flow.

I have actually been toying with the idea of hooking up my inverter, and throwing in a sump pump.

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 9:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike, they make huge volume 12 volt bildge pumps. That way you dont have to use and inverter.
Check out www.grainger.com

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 10:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The key to making the Rule pumps
work without priming is mounting it below water level. Not easy with the 3800 but I did it in my older nautique. As long as you keep it primed that pump is terrific.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com