HEY GRANT or any other stereo GURU..... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » HEY GRANT or any other stereo GURU....help « Previous Next »
By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 12:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have 2 pairs of BOSTON NX97 6x9's that I am going to run. Will the kenwood amp run all 4. It says its 150 rms x2. Is there a way to run all 4 spkrs as close to 150 as possible or should I run the other amp(same one) for the other set. I only want to run 3 amps if I can. 1 for the sub, 1 for the tower, 1 for the interior.

By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 12:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
OH sorry the amp is a KENWOOD KAC-929

By Cal (villageidiot) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 12:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff, if you wire the speakers in parrallel to the two channels, it will work fine for all four. Running parrallel will drop the resistance to 2 ohms...which will give you about the same power to each of the four speakers (around 150w each), with slightly less quality (in a boat you can't even tell the difference). The amp can handle it fine, but will definitely run hotter... I wouldn't recommend running full volume ALL THE TIME. Let it cool every once in a while.

To run parrallel, just hook up two speakers to each speaker output.

(Message edited by villageidiot on March 17, 2004)

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 12:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree with everything Cal said.

(Message edited by xtigeman on March 17, 2004)

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 1:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I say you could run the NX97's with a 50 watt amp. For that matter you could run the speakers off the deck power. How it will sound well thats to be determand. The NX97's like 150 watts per speaker, Now if you can give each one 150 watts per speaker at 4 Ohms and a THD below 0.02%Thd thats great "Your the Man". Your next best bet would to give them 150 watts at 2 Ohms. The lower the Ohms the higher the THD will rise, So if your Kenwood Amp is like 0.09%THD at 4 ohms and then you drop it to 1-to-2 ohms the THD will rise along with the heat in the amp and it will start to break up as you hit max volume or as I like to call it normal listining volume.

By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks guy's I guess it just depends on wether or not I want to put that other amp in for the other set of 6x9's. Oh and are ECLIPSE amps any good a friend has one that he wants to get rid of and I might pick it up for a sub amp. It's 500 watts x 2 or something like that.......Thanks again

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 4:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Their new competition line looks pretty impressive but they cost some serious $$$. They regular amps are okay. Not bad, not great.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com