U.S. Acoustics amps? true specs Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » U.S. Acoustics amps? true specs « Previous Next »
By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 6:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are these amps for real? Low priced, but the specs are in line with more expensive stuff. I guess it is made in Korea. I ask because I hate to spend a grand in amps (I want 2 or 3).

Anyone care to offer any experience with them?

Performance
RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels) 65 x 4
Frequency Response N/A
THD at Rated RMS Power 0.01%
Signal to Noise Ratio 100 dB
Input Voltage 12.9v
Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels) N/A
Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels) 80 x 4
Bridged Power (Watts x Channels) 160 x 2
Minimum Impedance Bridged 4
Minimum Impedance Unbridged 2

By Andrew Adams (wolfpack) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 6:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an old 2150 that I really enjoyed. It pushed an Orion XTR 2 12" sub in an Orion Extreme box. I bridged the amp, and it actually shook bolts out of my car. I've had it sitting in the garage, so I'm thinking about using it to power my tower speakers. I used it for 3 years straight, and it worked perfectly.

By chuck kober (onealrep) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 8:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm running my system with 2 US Acoustics amps, good clean power. I've had no problems to date.

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 3:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks.

I'm glad to hear a few positive things. Decent reviews on carreview.com, but I wanted some boater's opinions. I'm actually surprised that I haven't seen much negative stuff yet about them...

The three year warranty that crutchfield offers adds to the deal.

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 4:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
US are good budget amps with lots of power. THD and SQ may not be the best, but okay and good for the money. I would rather use US for subs than full range though.

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 4:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No problems here. Run my tower with one. I may need to upgrade since I put up new speakers recently...

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 5:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got the boat used last summer, but the installed Xtant amps and eclipse sub were not part of the deal. The other audio components are great quality, but I just don't want to drop $1500 in amps and subs to match up.

Last summer I was running off the head unit and an older alphasonik amp (with a tri-way adaptor) and a bazooka 12" EL1204.

I am going to run the 6 MB quarts (discus series I think)and tower speakers on two USX4065 (65 rms ea) and a infinity perfect 12.1 on a US2080 (mono-bridged to 280 watts).

The bazooka sub doesn't appear to handle the power of the 2080, and I'v heard great things about the infinity perfect.

here's another question... what freq. should I crossover the speakers? I'm guessing more than the usual 100HZ because the mids are small.

Thanks

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com