Hose Help for Ballast System Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Hose Help for Ballast System « Previous Next »
By Richard G (rich_g) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 3:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put in an automatic ballast system last year -- works pretty good but I want to upgrade the tubing. I went with 5/8" ID garden hose. Too flexible and can get flattened or kinked. Where do you get the type used in factory systems? I've looked at Home Depot & Lowes but it was the wrong ID. Anybody know of any good online sources? Thanks

By Brian (mtv_firemedic) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 3:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Look at www.westmarine.com. Flexible corrigated bilge hose..wont kink, wont suck flat and is 3/4" I/D they also make 5/8 i believe. I am putting that on the auto ballast system i am intalling now.. it's black and grey and ribbed.. Brian

By bill montanye (bill) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Home depot has huge assortment of PVC/nylon/rubber type hoses that i used for mine and its worked great for years now..

By actiondcpd (actiondcpd) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 5:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Try mcmaster.com they have all sorts of tubing. I just used the "Beverage and Food Braid-Reinforced PVC Tubing" on page 82. I used 3/4" tubing, you can get all the fittings you need there two. I haven't had a problem with kinking and it is very easy to work with.

By Air Besar (airbesar) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 1:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Home Depot has "spa hose" which has thick walls, is rubberized and won't kink. Can't remember the diameter I used but get the one which fits in PVC irrigation connectors. If you can use pvc stuff, you can get check valves, manual valves and various connectors that make the whole job easy.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com