Clarion Aux input for MP3???? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Clarion Aux input for MP3???? « Previous Next »
By tmorefi (tmorefi) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does Clarion (XMD1-RET) make an adpater (C-bus to RCA) to hook an aux. MP3 player to the C-bus CD changer control? I've seen it for alpine and kenwood but can't find one for the Clarion. Any other way to hook your MP3 player up the headunit without buying a pre-amp?

By steven hattaway (stevenf) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 5:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
im wondering the same thing i have an ipod id like to hook up to mine what im currently doing is using the monster cable adapter from the head phone jack to rcas then undoing the amp rcas and pluging directly in the amp that is just for now while im spring cleaning

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 7:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does Clarion (XMD1-RET) make an adpater (C-bus to RCA) to hook an aux. NO!
Any other way to hook your MP3 player up the headunit without buying a pre-amp? Not that I have found

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 7:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does Clarion (XMD1-RET) make an adpater (C-bus to RCA) to hook an aux. NO!
Any other way to hook your MP3 player up the headunit without buying a pre-amp? Not that I have found.

You could always get a XMD-3 they have a 2nd imput

By Clete (domin8) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 7:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.clarion.com/usa/product/index.php?mod=details&category=marine&product=XMD3-RET

By Wes (pesos) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 9:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have an eq with an input but i'd rather not take my ipod out on the boat. anyone know how difficult it is to change the head unit in my 2002 san to one that takes mp3 cds? does clarion make such a head unit that might swap right into place?

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wes, just curious. Why don't you want to use your i-pod out on the boat. I love using mine. no more skipping, no more shuffling cd's.

By Wes (pesos) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i just think i'd be too worried about it. rather burn some mp3 cds and not worry about it... it's what i do in my car now and it works great... don't get my wrong i love my ipod but trying to rig something where it's easily acccesible, yet protected might not be worth the effort...

By tmorefi (tmorefi) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
domin8,

quit bragging, we know what you have...

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 10:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I talked to the people at clarion to see if they could give me a wire diagram of the Bus connector so that I could hack into the Disk Changer imput and turn that into the 2nd Imput. They didnt want to let me know what wires were audio imputs to the deck, I told them they should make a connector so that people can connect a Aux device Like a I pod or MP3 and then He said the XMD1 was old tecnolegy and they never invest in older tec, They are getting away from BUS style connectors and going with C-Bus

By John Nelson (wissota) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 1:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Grant! I have the factory XMD1 with power Amp. in my 03 SANTE. Can i run my i-pod through the power amp? or do i have to buy more equip.?

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
john no and yes

By John Nelson (wissota) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 3:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What is the best way?

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 4:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
#1 Buy A Clarion XMD-3 or #2 Buy a pre amp

By Clete (domin8) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 5:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi Grant,
You mentioned above that he XMD-3 has a second input. Is that the one they referance that can be used for CD changer, TV or SIRIUS tuner input on the web site ? Thanks

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 8:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The XMD-3 has a C-Bus (square) plug in the back that is the connector for the New 6 Disk changer, I undersatnd that it cant be used for anythnig but the 6 disk imput with its own cable. There is a RCA imput that is labeld as AUX imput.What you decide to be your Aux is up to you DVD or Ipod or whatever. The Sirus does not use the Aux imput. I was told The sirus portion is already set up in the XMD-3 so it dosent take away the Aux imput.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 8:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 8:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Grey and Black Rca's are front and rear and the red Rca's are Aux imput The small square is Disk changer, and the larger Round black din connector is for the remote

By Clete (domin8) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 10:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Grant,
Excellent information, really appreciate your patience. Looks like a good plan if we can mount the MP3 player cleanly were we can operate it.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Clete: No problem, sorry if I seemed short but everytime we talk about this subject and you think you have it handled some one asks the same question, CAN I HOOK UP A MP3 PLAYER TO MY XMD-1
Hey I you are looking for some information on hooking up aux imput threw a Pre amp here is a link to my websit where you can see how I used to have it hooked up when I had a XMD-1

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 8:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is the AUX imput
This is how I plug the I-pod into the systyem

This is the A/B button that switches the imput

This is the back of the Pre-amp/Eq the Blue Rca's are the AUX imput

(Message edited by whitechocolate on March 17, 2004)

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 8:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/stereo?page=6

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 8:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is the back of the Pre-amp/Eq the Blue Rca's are the AUX imput

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com