Props Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Props « Previous Next »
By MATT (mattbob) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 7:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What is the best prop for an 02 X-Star with the base motor (310hp or 315hp?)?.
We bashed our prop on our boat lift at the end of last year and now need to get a new one before the season starts.
I basically want to know if I should replace it with the same prop or use this oportunity to change the pitch and size for a better hole shot.

By Karl De Looff (boarditup) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 9:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Call Acme Marine at 1-888-661-ACME.

Let me know what they say and I will hook you up way below retail. They will want to know what your max rpm was with your old prop and your typical loading.

rider@boarditup.com

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I asked Acme for a recommendation last year and followed their advice. The new (4-blade) prop is a lot "smaller" than stock (both pitch and diameter), and the boat is great out of the hole with ~2500# ballast. However, you do have to be careful not to over-rev the engine when cruising.

I got the Acme from propellersonline for $342.

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff, What did it do to your gas consumption?

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 9:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't know for sure, but I have not noticed a big difference. The boat's at a marina, and I take gas cans because the cost of marina gas has been prohibitive. So, it's hard to get good data. I'll say this; I used a LOT of gas with the stock prop (16x18.5), and I still do!

By Eric Win (big_poppa) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 1:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anybody know the right pitch for 190 mastercraft with 454 425hp with 13" x13" LH
Weighted with fat seat and large sac in front.

By Karl De Looff (boarditup) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What is you WOT rmp? Is your hole shot adaquate?

rider@boarditup.com

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com