x star vinyl changing colors Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » x star vinyl changing colors « Previous Next »
By bloodbeforepride (orgborn) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the vinyl on the seats is turning red due to a factory defect im sure this has happened to someone else and how did you solve it or make the seats white again . The help would be appreciated

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 5:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It is not a factory defect; it is actually the byproduct of bacteria living on the vinyl. Have you talked with you local dealer? MasterCraft is aware of the situation and has been great in getting the boats fixed.

By KStateAlumni(aka Brad Beach) (bbeach) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 9:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its covered under warranty, just see your dealer... The dealer I used to work for replaced them all the time. and yes its bacteria in the vinyl... Pinkish color? right?

By bloodbeforepride (orgborn) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah it is pinkish but the dealer here said it was from the back of the seats bleeding through to the front if the seats are left wet! So you guys had no problems getting it warrantied im going to check that out. Thanks alot

By KStateAlumni(aka Brad Beach) (bbeach) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 12:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's not anything bleeding its mildew and bacteria that grows inside the seat on certain MC interiors. I've seen it 10-15 times on new boats after one or two seasons... The MC dealer in Kansas City has always warrantied it... They took photos of it and MC sent them new seat cushions.

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 12:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Blood, I work at a dealership and we have NEVER had a problem warranty replacing the stained interiors. We have even done completes to switch to gray so there is no worry of the problem coming back. This issue is not just a MasterCraft issue. It is/was related to the vinyl supplier and affected all of their white interiors.

If you need assistance email me.

By Lloyd Pattison (wakeboarddad) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 1:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kevin, I have a spot on my motor box that is pink like that. Do you think it is from the same thing? Thanks.

Lloyd

By Al O (alo) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 1:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it happened to me too, and the dealer gave me new seat covers for the damaged seats. after a couple of weeks somehow the damaged seats faded back to white. another dealer told me that it was normal for them to fade back to white.i have some new spots on some other covers but i will not worry about those until i sell the boat.

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 1:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lloyd,
Most likely, I have yet to see it be anything else (unless obviously a chemical stain). Can you send me a picture?

By Lloyd Pattison (wakeboarddad) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 5:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's not a big deal, the spot is pretty small. I guess that would explain why nothing seems to remove it, huh?

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 6:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, you can dye it though...if it bothers you enough to mess with.

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 6:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zedz since you are one of the best sources for Mastercraft questions here, I keep getting these little yellow stains on my 02 x-star. I was think it came from pollin or something but they keep showing up, I have tried a number of cleaners and nothing takes them out. At first I thought that someone had snuck Mustard onto my boat but that was not the case. Any suggestions?

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 8:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stewart,
I have seen the yellow stains you’re talking about. Here on the east coast we have real problems with pollen and that seems to be the cause (Cypress trees I believe). Usually you can get it off of the flat surfaces with the MasterCraft foam cleaner (notice the up sell? But it does work really well!). The real problem comes when you get wet and sit down…the water runs into the cracks between cushions soaks the pollen and permanently stains the vinyl.

The MasterCraft cleaner does a good job but if the pollen gets wet and sits for a while it then dyes the vinyl and I have not found anything short of dyeing that will remove the marks.

Since you are describing your stains as yellow I am fairly certain they are from pollen. If you are not certain email me a picture and I’ll take a look at them.
Hope this helps.

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 10:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You are right on the money with the water in the craks of the seat. go to know about the Mastercraft cleaner, I got a bottle at the renuion out here so I will give that a try. Its so anoying. Thanks for the info.

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 11:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No problem...good luck.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com