2000 malibu wakesetter Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » 2000 malibu wakesetter « Previous Next »
By jamie (feere2084) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 9:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'am looking for a boat and have been looking around in the 20000-25000 range. All I can find are moombas. Don't get me wrong I like moombas but can across this malibu.
-2000 MALIBU, WAKESETTER VLX, v-drive, 350 FI eng w/only 109 hrs, MLS ballast sys, upgraded stereo w/CD changer, & tower spkrs,$25,000 obo
would this be one of the best wake's for 25000. How much weight is in this mls ballast. One more thing how much would it cost for the new graphics on this boat. Thanks.

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 11:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That seems like a pretty good deal to me. The wake should be good, since the VLX hull has been basically unchanged since then. I believe that the stock MLS is - rear, 250 each side (500 total), & 400 in the center ski locker. With that said, you can change out the hard tanks in the rear for sacks & basically double the weight back there (plus gain some storage space when they're empty), plus change out the sack in the ski locker for a bigger one to get another 200-300. So stock total should be about 900, with the ability to easily get another 700-800 without having sacks all over the floor. If it's got the Wedge, that's supposed to equal 1000 lbs also, but some people think that the Wedge is more about wake shape than size so YMMV.

By David (tparider) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 9:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw that boat online too - too bad it's all the way across the country. $25k seems to be what a lot of 2000 VLXs are getting down to.

By the way, in 2000 the MLS ballast was only a center sack.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com