Fusion speakers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Fusion speakers « Previous Next »
By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone seen any of the new speaker models other than what has been posted so far?
On Fusion's website they indicate that there are a total of 3 different grill/canisters designs.

By WikedeeWak (magellan) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 8:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw one of them in their ad a couple months ago with Grubb. Super wierd/odd looking.

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 8:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've seen the Fusion T-combo set. Polished aluminum housing, Diamond Audio speakers, looks cool, sounds awesome. I'm going to pick up a set for my boat next week.

By dodge (triplexracing) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 9:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
when fusion going post some pics?

By B T Lowe (ofwc) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 6:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
See my comments here...

http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/show.pl?3183/103074

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Some nice comments about Monster Tower but not sure what you are suggesting...

I am trying to all the information I can before I spend a lot of money on speakers. Fusion apparently has 3 models, of which I have seen photos of one. There is nothing worse than buying an early model and then they release something that you want more.

Fusion seems to be a bit of a mystery..in fact their site is not working.
Another person on this board was kind enough to give me a reps name so that I could contact them for information about Fusion.

By DumbandDumber (steve_b) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey

(Message edited by steve_b on March 13, 2004)

By FTA (steve_b) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 9:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm the Southern Ca rep for Fusion. Please pardon the "mystery". We are in the process of getting the line, programs, and marketing organized. The full release of the brand will be this coming Summer but we have selected a few key dealers to support the products until the full release.
Feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 4:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ah... perfect we found someone that can help us out, thanks.
I have seen a photo and the ad for the T series and they look great!!
From what I understand there are two other speaker models. When will you have a photo and availablity of those? I am about to make a purchase decision and I just want to make sure I don't buy something too early.
What are the finish options, is an all chrome version available?

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 7:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is this an infomercial?

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 6:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am not a rep for Fusion but I just purchased both the T combo and the 535 series. I had been looking at them for a while so I e-mailed them. here are some pictures that they sent back. You can ghet them in brushed finish or powercoated. I am not sure about this but I believe for a price you can get powercoating in a color. Don't quote me on that but like anything "for a price " is always an option. They use Diamond Audio in thier set up. I went to a car audio store that carried Diamond audio, MB Quart and Kicker and all three were very close in sound. The one difference was Price, MB is always going to cost you more. I have had Boss Cans up for 2 seasons now and I was looking for something that was nicer and the Fusion setup was the nicest out there. I can't wait t get them up on my Tower....

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 6:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
did i read somewhere that the fusion cans were very lightweight, as compared to boss' stuff

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 7:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Stewart,
Thanks so much....somone with some info!
What is the difference between the T combo and the 535 series?
Is Fusion shipping the T series now?
Are thess the only 2 models they are going to offer this season?

By Joe (joe_788) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 9:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is a pretty cool looking setup. Too bad you'll need about $3000 worth to be able to hear it on the water!

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 10:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The website shows some drawings of some pretty cool Concept type speakers. IMO The ones on the website look way cooler that the photo's posted above. I guess its like the auto makers who show you all these cool drawings of concept cars but after they go threw final design and production they always loose something. I was hopeing the speakers would look more like they did in the drawings

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 11:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Greg, the T-combo is the 6/4/tweet model and the 535 is the 6/tweet model. According to Fusion they are shipping to select dealers right now. If you e-mail them they will tell you who will have them in stock, or who can order them. They are offering the 3 models at the moment. Grant I thought that I read somewhere that the drawings will be released later this year, I just didn't want to wait. I am hope that I might be able to upgrade later. As far as lightweight according to the specs that Fusion sent me they will be light weight than my current Boss speakers. Joe, I am confused, why would you need $3000 to hear them on the water, I can hear mine 6.5 now without even pushing my amp. Since I will be droping the load on my Hifonics amp I will have more than enough to push the new Fusion setup.

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 11:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Stewart ,
I appreciate all the information and photos.

Thanks again,
Greg

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stewart, Greg,

If I may, I'm pretty sure that the T-combo is actually 6.5"/5.25"/tweeter.

Grant,

I hear ya on the drawing/design/model effect, these pictures are good, but don't really do the set justice. The housing is really impressive (solid, with extrusions on the sides, H.D. teminal posts). I have yet to hear anyone say they weren't blown away by the performance, either.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on March 16, 2004)

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 12:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff: Yes I guess I should keep my mouth shut till I see them in person, With anything nice its the small details that ususally dont show up in photo's that make a huge differance

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 1:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff I stand corrected, it is a 6.5/5.25/tweet. Thanks for pointing that out. I like that fact that they will be a lot more sturdy mounted to the tower and they won't come loose. One of the brackets on my Boss cans had the threads strip out. Not sure when it got bad but I was always having to check them to make sure that they did not fall off and hit someone in the head.

By FTA (steve_b) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 7:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, completely forgot about this post. Kinda new to the wakeworld gig.
Greg, to answer your question on styles, the T series is shipping now to select dealers. If you let me know where you are I can point you in the right direction. The T series is the speaker pictured above by Stewart. The top pic is the 5.25 T, and the bottom is the T combo.
The middle pic is the I series. This will be available in 30 days or so. Traditional style can, no frills.
The F series is going to be a late Summer/Expo release. The funky looking speaker on the home page of the web site is a proto of the F. The website will be up and running correctly shortly as well.
I have a test done by Car Audio Mag between Diamond Audio, MB Quart, and Kicker. Diamond came away with the win. I'd be happy to email it to anyone who would like to read it. It's an Adobe file so can't cut and paste.
Our towers will be in production shortly as well.

I'll try to check this site more than once a week if anyone has further questions.

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 7:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Steve,
I am in the process of ordering a pair of T combos through my favorite store Wakeside.com
Which model of Diamond speakers are in the T combo?
Can you please email me the test. gregpinch@rogers.com
Thanks again.

By Chris Brown (cbrown) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 10:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would also like the test. I am looking at diamond and kicker for the boat. cmbrown3@memphis.edu

By Greg Pinch (nawakwa1) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 1:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does Fusion offer covers for the T-comos

By Levi Cress (levi) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
FTA - Go into your profile and select the option to get an email each time someone posts to a thread that you have posted to or started. Then you'll not miss important postings.......

By FTA (steve_b) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 2:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Site is partially up. Has some tech info.
Check it out.

www.fusionsports.com

By dodge (triplexracing) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 11:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
is a 3 inch mount going to be available?

By FTA (steve_b) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 7:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes
Actually 2 7/8 for X-Star/X-80

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com