Perfect Pass Problem with speed mode Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Perfect Pass Problem with speed mode « Previous Next »
By FL SurfLover (flsurflover) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 8:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Last week I took out my 98 Super Sport with Wakeboard Pro 6.3. I brought along a friend's GPS and first calibrated the regular speedo. Perfect Pass was fast by about 4mph so I went to Menu - Calibrate Speedo and was using the down arrow to decrease speed, and then it stopped reading speed altogether and went to 0.0mph. I tried using the up arrow to increase speed but it never came back.

I took the boat out again today and PP still doesn't register a speed. When I put it in RPM mode it works fine, but speed mode never takes over because it isn't registering a speed at all. I did follow the manual and turned the motor off, made sure the servo knob moves freely, tightened it clockwise, then backed it off a little, then started it up and saw the servo tighten the cable.

With the boat back on the trailer I verified the paddlewheel is spinning fine with no obstructions.

What else can I test or do until I can call the company on Monday?

By DJL (dholio) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 7:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check to make sure that the paddlewheel has a good connection going into the main module. The paddle wheel isn't broke in any way? It sounds like there is some problem with the paddlewheel.

By MAC (mac_attack) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 9:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have you tried to reset it?

By Thomas Waters (nautiqueman) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 9:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have never been able to completely understand and operate perfect pass, but a friend of mine searched online for perfect pass directions.

By MAC (mac_attack) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 10:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thomas Waters (nautiqueman) I don't know what this has to do with the thread but PP is very easy to operate. Make sure the boat is in nuetral and turn the perfect pass on. If your boat isnt in neutral the PP will tell you to put it in neutral. Once on select the speed you want to cruise at. Then push the throttle gradually until you hear the beep which means the PP has taken over. When your rider falls just pull back on the throttle to unactivate the PP.. If you want to adjust the speed while the PP is on and you are cruising just hit the up or down arrows to adjust the speed.

(Message edited by mac attack on March 14, 2004)

By FL SurfLover (flsurflover) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 7:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MAC, no I didn't know about this, but I just looked it up in the manual and found how to do it. Thanks! I'll try that after checking the paddlewheel and its connection some more. DJL, after reading some more in the manual, I think you're right, since RPM mode works fine.

Thanks for the help! I'll post again when I figure out what it is. I'm grateful they put an RPM mode on it though, or my last session would have been ruined. My regular speedo got clogged early in the session.

By FL SurfLover (flsurflover) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 6:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm happy to report MAC is the MAN. I reset it and it immediately started reading the speed again. Thanks DJL and MAC!

I'm actually glad this happenned. When I bought the boat no one showed me the details about PP. I didn't even know until digging into the manual that it reads water temp and battery voltage, and has resettable distance and engine hour counters. Nice!

By MAC (mac_attack) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awesome! Glad I could help.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com