Moomba XLV Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Moomba XLV « Previous Next »
By Will Bazeley (bazel) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 11:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So now that some of you have had the boat for a while or ridden in one, what are the opinions. Is it going to be around for a while?? Is the standard engine OK or do you need more power??

I am looking at them and they seem like a pretty nice fit and finish. Not quite as plush as a Bu but they also are alot cheaper than the LSV.

(Message edited by bazel on March 10, 2004)

By Cal (villageidiot) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 2:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Will, I can only vouch for the wake... It is a very clean, steep, poppy wake, and among my top two with a lot of weight. I prefer a steeper, poppier wake because they are more consistent. The Malibu will throw a much rampier wake. As for the interior, you get what you pay for...the quality certainly isn't bad, but you can't expect it to be the same as you would get with the high-end brands.

By Jeremy (supraking) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 8:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cal- Which motor do you have in yours??

Im thinking about going with the 340 MPI

By Cal (villageidiot) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 9:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeremy- I actually have a Toyota. A buddy of mine has the XLV...and I don't know what motor. I would assume it is the base model since he was on a budget... I'm sure the stock engine is good enough, but more power certainly never hurt. In boats I've been in with a bigger motor option (the old MC LT1's for example), it's cool for bragging rights but didn't make a whole lot of difference from what I could tell...but then there's also something to be said for more power, especially when you're loaded with weight. Best to test drive each engine with weight and see how they do.

By Jeremy (supraking) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 8:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I personally have been in an XLV w/a 320 EFI, and also the 340 MPI. Both at the Dealer meeting in Georgia this past September. If you are weighting the boat down quite a bit and will have at least 10 people riding in the boat at the same time, you are going to go with the 340 and use an ACME prop. Matt Brown (designer of the XLV) tells me the ACME prop is Awsome on the XLV. check them out www.acmemarine.com

good luck!! I cant wait to get mine, its coming in Mid May.. Lakes are still froze here in Minnesota.

By Matt Brown (goose) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 9:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeremy is exactly right. The 320 HP EFI is plenty of engine to power the XLV. The 340 is a little more power but you will see a more substantial difference if you change the Prop. 2 very good props that I have tested on the XLV with 320 EFI are the Acme Prop #537 (13.5 x 16) and the OJ Prop CNC XMP (13.7 x 15.5). Both of these props are CNC and work very well for loaded wakeboarding boats. If you aren't loading the boat down heavy very often, I recommend you stay with the standard prop as it will not turn as many rpms. good luck.

matt

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com