tige 22v 2004! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » tige 22v 2004! « Previous Next »
By bonelessbrowns (orgborn) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 9:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
are the new tige's any good and does taps work!

By Tony Carroll (blindsiderider) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 9:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
they are great and yes taps works. Just get a demo and you will see that on the convex hull it really works like it should not like a wake plate on other brands with a older style hull.

By bonelessbrowns (orgborn) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 10:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you not have to put weight in them like the dealer says. For beginners you might not need it but what about advanced riders and if so how much.

By zach (klk) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
go to tigeowners.com

By EPS (counter) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 10:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man i dont know about all that. I dont care who you are wat boat you have, no wakeplate of any brand will make the wake bigger. However it will make it small if wanted, and clean up the wake. For example, kids are sometimes pulled at about 15 or so you know but they also have the whitewash at the wake. The wake plate works great for this b/c it will knock down that whitewash to form a shaped wake for the little guys.

This weighting thing, no weight ya right! For the little ones you are correct. But for the bigger guys every boat needs its weight. Tige has been known for its wide wakes b/c it is a wider boat. I personally hate that but thats just me. I'll tell you what(bonelessbrowns and anyone else), if price is an issue, check out that Moomba XLV. I rode in and behind that a couple of weeks ago and itskiller all around. It was like a 21ft(wake and handling) but I could fit my whole boat house in it.

By thomas (tball) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 8:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 04 22V. TAPS works. You can set your speed, adjust the TAPS and watch the wake change as the back of the boat settles in to the water. I do, however, recommend some ballast; start at the bow and put as much weight as you want. Getting the bow of the boat down will also help to narrow the wake as that forms a smaller displacement angle (horizontally) at the surface than a 20 degree nose-up attitude. The TAPS increases the effectiveness of whatever ballast you put in the boat.

I know this is heresy on this site, but I also slalom ski. The TAPS plate and a 300# Fat Buddy in the nose make for easy transitions between both. I love the boat but 10 other people are about to jump on here and tell you I'm nuts and TAPS doesn't work, so I recommend a demo ride on whatever you're looking at. Good luck!

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 9:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
EPS,

You are a bit mis-guided with regard to Tige's width. Tige's are wider ABOVE the waterline. The footprint in the water is very close to the same measurement as most other wakeboard boats.

Tige's are indeed heavier than most others as well, giving them, (IMO) a distinct advantage over lighter boats. For example, if my math serves me right, a boat which weighs 800 pounds less than a Tige' would need to be filled with 800 pounds of ballast just to get to the same weight as a Tige'. Given this scenario, how could one boat throw a "bigger" wake than the other. Does the lake know which boat is putting out the wake? Or does the lake just know how much water is being displaced by the total weight in the water?

The vast majority of Tige' owners, in my area anyway, do not ballast their boats. The ones who do however, enjoy a wake put out by a boat that is 1000 pounds heavier than a ballasted lighter boat.

Enjoy!

By utah rider (davidbouvier) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 6:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you tow the boat up mountain grades, the extra 1k pounds of boat may be a consideration. unless you're really wealthy and can afford a wakeboard boat and a diesel!

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 8:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
EPS,

Width of the wake is clearly a non-issue. If the wake is too wide for you, just shorten the rope. My 21V throws a beauty of a wake without any ballast. I have the rope at 65 feet (plus 5' handle), which is as long as the rope was made.

Here's a pic for you.
pic

By bloodbeforepride (orgborn) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 8:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for not answering my question but how and where do i put the weight for a huge wake. We wakeboard and dont gay ski so i dont care what you do if your not weighing the boat for serious wakeboarding then dont post! If you know what your talking about the help wuld be appreciated when we start moving lead plates and fat sacs around to find the biggest wake possible.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 8:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It is not light to trailer but all is good with our new 22V - very happy people right now!

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 8:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what happened to my picture?

pic

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 8:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
keep in mind the lanky fellow doing the grab is 6'9'' tall. There are only 2 average sized people in the boat and no ballast.

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 9:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 20v but weighting a 22v is about the same. You can get a really big wake by putting about 500# in each locker and then a 350 - 500# sack in the nose. This should give you a big clean wake at 22 - 23mph.

If you want a big wake you must have ballast, just like with any boat.

By thomas (tball) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 4:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
blood, if you're a "serious" wakeboarder then you should have it figured out how to ballast a boat by now.

Your question was if TAPS worked.

Lighten up, you'll be happier.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com