puko switch Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » puko switch « Previous Next »
By steven hattaway (stevenf) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 9:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok i have a puko switch and two batteries the boat is an 01 xstar. out of the boat there are two red wires ones probally for the starter and the other one i dont know what it is for. then you have the black wire and the stereo 25 amp wires where do they all need to go if i have disconnected all of them and need to wire to a puko selector switch. i have seen the diagram that puko offers but it only has one wire for the starter. I have two reds and dont know where they need to go. if anyone has any pictures or can describe how and where to hook all the wires that would be great.

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 10:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My puko switch is tequilla

By Neil fett (bigasswake) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 12:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You seperate the batteries on the 1 and 2 slot on the backside of the PERKO switch. The third is from the alternator to the connestion that says feed. Then run all of you stereo equipment to one of the batteries and the starter to the other battery.

(Message edited by bigasswake on March 10, 2004)

By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 11:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Troy, I was thinking more along the lines of Jameson...

By S Dub (sdub) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 10:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The second red wire you mention prob. goes to the bus bar. The bus bar is where all your swithes and gauges are wired too.

You put the one red (+), the starter, to the common on the puko, the other red that goes to the bus can either go on the common also, or directly to your second batt. I would put it on the puko.

By steven hattaway (stevenf) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 2:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks guys i got it hooked up correctly today and had to purchase a blue top optima battery today the one that came in the boat would no longer hold a load when being cranked to turn over now it works great. those batteries are not cheap.

By Doug H (doug2) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much did you pay for your blue top?

By steven hattaway (stevenf) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 1:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
um i paid 140 for a blue top and a bottle of teak oil tax and everything included

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com