3 batteries for stock alternator? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » 3 batteries for stock alternator? « Previous Next »
By tmorefi (tmorefi) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 2:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have 2 factory batteries with switches in my '03 SAN. I am thinking about just adding a third in parallel to my front battery and run all of the amps off of those 2 paralle batteries. Will my stock alternator handle it? Running about 1,750 RMS. Thanks.

By Matt Heil (matt_h) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 6:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I did the same thing. I put 2 blue tops in the front. I run off of just the front and the back battery is my reserve. I run 1300 RMS and haven't had any problems, but I don't run my ballast at the same time as the stereo, and I don't push the stereo hard all the time. At 1750 RMS you are going to be close. If your alternator is not keeping up with the current load on one battery two batteries will only give you more time before they drain.

By Bob (bob) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 10:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
isnt 1750 rpms lugging the engine while pulling a boarder with people and ballast in the boat?? Seems the boats dont start making power till around 2300-2500??

By matt (supraman) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 10:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
RMS = Continuous watts to the stereo.

RPM = Engine speed.

I misread it at first too.

By Bob (bob) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 7:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
duh what was i looking at?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com