xm/sirius radio antennas Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » xm/sirius radio antennas « Previous Next »
By steve D. (mbsteve) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 11:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
where do you put them in your boat?

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 12:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do a search on XM radio and you will see a lot of discussion on this. You can put the antennas under fiberglass. I keep mine in the storage compartment upfront and it works fine.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 1:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks, ill check it out.

By Steve Autry (whitevlx) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 6:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My XM antenna is black, so I mounted it with 2 sided tape to my black dash and ran the wire under the lip of the cupholder.

Antenna

By S Dub (sdub) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 9:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I mounted mine up front in the bow, under the bow light on a piece of dynamat. Its nice up in the bow because people walking in front of it can interrupt the signal.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 10:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for the photos,anybody else got any? also, someone told me that it needed to be mounted on a metal surface. (not for the magnet)

By Jay Rudd (jdr) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 7:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I did the same thing as S Dub. Up in the bow, under the bow light. The antena is between the fiberglass & a piece of dynamat. No problems.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 9:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you put the dynamat under the antenna?

By S Dub (sdub) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 10:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, you need some metal to help atract the signal, so, use the dynamat.

(Message edited by sdub on March 13, 2004)

By Steve Autry (whitevlx) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yep, used some Dynamat myself it seemed to help, but not a whole bunch

By Steve Autry (whitevlx) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
BTW you can buy a boat or truckers antenna, they are designed for reception without the benefit of steel all around the antenna.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 9:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea, im thinkin that might not look so good

By chane (chane) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 6:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought about throwing my micro up on the tower this year.. Anyone have one on their tower?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com