tower mounted nav lights Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » tower mounted nav lights « Previous Next »
By salty87 (salty87) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 12:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
does anyone have or make aftermarket tower lights for the 360 degree white light that is required by law in at least texas?

i copied marty mcfly's pic from the billet mirror arm thread, you can see the light at the very top...
http://messageboard.wakeworld.com/MB/discus/messages/3183/102461.jpg

my new bimini gets in the way of my light, mine's mounted right in front of the windshield. i have to partially take the bimini down to get my light up. i'd rather have the light on the tower instead of the driver's face anyway. LED's would be even better.

thx

By Brian Dehler (supranut) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 4:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that looks like it is on a Supra...I'm sure that Anthony at Skiers Choice can hook you up. I believe that it is a law in most states that the anchor light is mounted to the highest point of the vessel?

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 6:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
AquaSignal and Innovative Lighting both make those in many designs. Check out westmarine.com or you local boat shop can order them.

For a new boat to get Coast Guard approved the all around light must be at the highest point, which is why they are always at the top of the highest mast on a sailboat. For existing boats the law probably still applies but I have never heard it enforced.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com