1987 Baja Ski Sport 190 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » 1987 Baja Ski Sport 190 « Previous Next »
By Quen Metzler (ill_rider) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 3:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone have any experience with the direct drives manufactured by Baja? Apparently they were only in the market for 2 years, I assume they got out due to lack of sales.

thanks

By Quen (ill_rider) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 8:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has anyone heard of this boat?

By Mark B (markb) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 5:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah, I've seen one. The only thing I remembered about it was that it appeared to use Supra running gear.

By Bill (00prostar205v) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 9:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Baja currently makes performance boats and my understanding is they are pretty nice. If it is the same boat company they probably produced a dd for a few years and then got out of it.
Eliminator is another top notch performance boat builder that made a dd in the past. They did not make them for long but they were built well.
I'd guess that continuing to build a tournament style boat just didn't make sense for these guys.
I would call Baja boats and try to get some history on it using serial/model #'s.

By Quen (ill_rider) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 5:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thank you Bill and Mark. It is the same company and I have contacted them but they do not have a lot of info. I am also guessing you are correct that it did not work out for companies like these or others to break into this market. I think my best bet is to drive it.

By Bill (00prostar205v) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would drive it. Just b/c they stopped making dd boats does not mean that it wasn't well built. Eliminator, for example, makes really nice boats but just didn't stay in the dd market. If it wasn't abused or left outside in the rain it could be a good deal. Drive it. Check the wood floor/seats/stringers for rot. Good luck.

By John Dreiser (jdreiser) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 2:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I will second what Bill said about the Eliminator DD. I drove one for a summer at a camp in Maine and the thing was a very well built boat.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com