Good Marine Mechanic, Bay Area???? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Good Marine Mechanic, Bay Area???? « Previous Next »
By Rod Hess (rvh3) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 7:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm in need of a mechanic to work on my 1992 Nautique. I took it out Saturday and it developed a knocking noise with a loss of power. I'm thinking it is a problem with the valves due to the frequency of the knocking and exhaust symptoms. I removed the valve covers and they seem to be rocking OK when I crank the motor. So, now it's time to take it to someone that knows what they are doing. Any recommendations for a mechanic in the Delta area would be great.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 7:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Take it to West coast correct craft in Rancho Cordova. Those guys are good and they know what they're doing.

By Rod Hess (rvh3) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Tom,
Anyone bring their boat to Larson Marine in Stockton?

By Jay Reese (jayreese) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 12:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rod,

I know that Larsons is a very reputable company and has been around for a very long time and I dont you would go wrong by taking your boat there. They have always treated me right and prompt. Good luck

By Rod Hess (rvh3) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Jay,
I'm going to wait a couple of days to make my decision on where to take it. I just want quality work in a good time-frame.

By Jon Hewitt (jonh) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 9:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mastercraft Dealer vs. Independent shop. I have a Mastercraft 97 Maristar that we got last year and keep at a local marina in the delta. They are a Fountain dealer, do a lot of offshore racing and do great work. I want a yearly tune up. What is a dealer going to offer that a good local shop can't. As I understand it if I change the fluids, wires, plugs, adjust the stuffing box, etc that that's about it. Any comments. Thanks.

By Mike J (deltajake) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 7:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
See Billy at Bethel Harbor. They do all kinds of major work. Friendly people and seem to care about your needs. (925) 684-2141

By Rich's Rule (gunz) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 7:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rod,any chance you got a side pic with the bimini up?I'm considering Monster,with a bimini.What size did you get?New pic looks good.
Sorry it's off topic.
On topic,I no longer take mine to a dealership.They could never get it right.I take mine to Santa Rosa Boat Center,he's a little gruff,but does a great job,for cheaper.

By Rod Hess (rvh3) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 5:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is all have Rich. I got the large Bimini. I was in between and had to squeeze the large in. Monster has been great to me. Good Luck.
Mike, I have a soft appt. w/ Larsons tomorrow but will call Billy 1st to see if he's busy. Thanks.

By Levi Cress (levi) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 7:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've boarded several times w/ the owner/operator of Diablo Marine and Trailer in Martinez.
925.372.0855. Tell him Levi sent ya...he'll charge you double! :-)

By Rod Hess (rvh3) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 8:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Levi,
Too late, The story of my life! My boat is at Larson Marine now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed waiting for their call....

By Levi Cress (levi) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 10:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Doh! I'll try to be more speedy next time! :-) Man..if I wasn't moving away in a couple days I'd love to take a spin your boat...I've always been interested to see how those older nauty vdrives are for boarding. I've got a 1990 sport.

By Rod Hess (rvh3) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 9:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anytime you're back in the Delta Area you're more then welcome! Good Luck in your new ventures.....

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com