check price of 22v tige Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » check price of 22v tige « Previous Next »
By Brandon Link (hyperlink) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 6:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been quoted a price of $49,300.00 for a 2004 22v tige riders edition, tower of power stereo, tower, taps, stainless rub rail, boat cover dual batteries, pop up cleats, hatch lock, stainless windshield supports, bimini top, ballast, shark lights,and perfect pass, 335 hp, is there any other options I need and is this a good price?

By John Marshall (jmarshall) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 7:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is what my dealer quoted me...

Base price 34,288

335 MPI upgrade $2115
Tower of Power $2756
TAPS $763
SS rub rail $321
cover $545
pop-up cleats are std on TIge
hatch lock $141
sswindshield support $64
bimini $577
ballast $1595
docking lights $192
PP $1218
D/A dorsey trailer with swing tounge and brakes $4205

By John Marshall (jmarshall) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 1:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Add $2000 for a tower too!

By Shawn Jessup (bigjessup) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 2:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is that with tax and license, and does that include a trailer? If not seems a bit high.

By Brandon Link (hyperlink) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 6:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
$49,300.00 includes a tandem trailer but not tax

By Alan (exodous) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 8:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can get a Supra Launch SSV Gravity Games loaded for less than that.

By Paul (paublo) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 6:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
But then all you would have is a Supra Launch SSV Gravity Games.

By Alan (exodous) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 6:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you know what the Gravity Games boat comes with? Custom gelcoat with sponsor graphics, custom snap on cover, custom bimini, hyraulic wakeplate, 4 tower speaker and light bar combo, board racks, 10 inch sub, 800 watt amp, 3-bag ballast, perfect pass, playpen and double up seating, custom embroidered interior, kenwood cd/mp3/sat. radio. 320 hp. EFI Indmar, ss rubrail, pop up cleats, tandem axle trailer with chrome fenders. My gosh, to me you would be stupid not to take advantage of that.

By Kirk Johnson (akdoc) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 7:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The bow seating is so odd that turned me off right away. As far as the double up seating I wonder how long those little brackets will hold up the seat until they break. We would have seriously considered this boat if it were not for the bow seating/double up seat. The boat does come with a ton of options. The tige 22v seems much more user friendly. I would also say fit and finish in the tige 22v is better.

By Rod (xrated) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 8:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is it just me or do those sponsor graphics really SUCK on the Gravity Games boat?

By Marty McFly (mcfly) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 8:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kirk, the SSV comes in either the play pen option or in the walk thru option. It is either/or for the same price.

As far as the double up brackets go that you referred to, they have been in use on the SSV since the SSV was first introduced in 2001. While all parts do have the chance to break, these brackets have proved to be very durable. We have seen a few of them go bad due mostly to incorrect installation (mounted at an angle that tweaked them a little), but for the most part, we see very few problems with them.

Everyone has their own opinion. If the Tige suits you better, thats cool..I just thought I would let you know about the bow of the SSV for future reference.

Thanks!

McFly

By Kirk Johnson (akdoc) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 8:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Marty, the SSV with the walk thru would be better. Thanks for the info.

By Bryce (sandman) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 9:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Quote: "Is it just me or do those sponsor graphics really SUCK on the Gravity Games boat?"

I would agree. Nice boat but the those graphics have got to go. Looks like too much of an afterthought.

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 9:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
John,

why upgrade the motor, $2100 for 15 more horse? Does not seem like a lot of added value for the money. We did not upgrade on our 22I "just as heavy" and have been very happy, even while weighted. I did throw a 13 X 11.5 ACME prop on it, compared to the 13 X 12 that came stock on ours, that did help when we run it heavily weighted. To be honest with you our dealer talked me out of upgrading, gave me the same argument.

Just food for thought.

Cheers

By Tony Carroll (blindsiderider) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 9:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I spent all weekend on a 04 22V that had the 315 HP merc in it. We had 600lbs in front and 800 in the back and 7 people in the boat. Four blade Prop and it had no problem getting out of the hole even with 2 of us on wakeboards at a time or even when it had to get my dads 250lb butt out of the water. Just some food for thought.

By Kirk Johnson (akdoc) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 9:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jonathan,
The standard engine is a carburated 315HP engine isn't it. Maybe he wants an MPI. Do you have a carb or MPI in your 22I?

By Tony Carroll (blindsiderider) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 10:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 315 hp Merc is muti port injection. If I remember correctly there is no option for a carburated engine.

By Kirk Johnson (akdoc) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 1:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tony,
In the 04 catalog it does list the Tige' GM Vortec 5.7 carbureted 315HP engine as standard powerplant. I think this is the last year they are even offering the carb engine. I'm sure most people or dealers order the MPI because that is what everyone wants.

By John Marshall (jmarshall) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 3:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, the stock engine is the Tige' GM Vortec 5.7 carbureted 315HP engine, you surely don't want that!

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 5:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nope I have 315 hp merc MPI, so 20 horse more. My bad! But my engine is an upgrade too I guess. Somewhere in between the two it sounds like.

I do remember to upgrade to the 330 was about $1500 over my engine cost. It sticks in my mind because we did not take the stock stereo or tower speakers. But they had already put the total over to the lender, so I had $1500 to play with. I asked about upgrading the engine, PCM vortec 330 horse I believe at the time. The dealer told me he wouldn't pay the extra $1500 for 15 more horse. So I took his advice and ended up using the credit in their pro shop, it was a nice shopping spree LOL.

"Yes, the stock engine is the Tige' GM Vortec 5.7 carbureted 315HP engine, you surely don't want that!"

I didn't think they would put that engine on a 22V or 22I, maybe a 20V or 20I. So I figured my 315 MPI engine was stock.

If it's $2100 to go from a MPI 315 to a MPI 335, I personally would not do it. But if it's $2100 to go from the CARB 315 to the MPI 335, then that is a different story!! }

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 5:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can't believe they actually do list the carbeurated engine as the base model! (I looked it up). I think most people do make the upgrade to MPI and it seems to be worthwhile. Mine is the 315 hp MPI Merc. The GM is 335 hp MPI or 315 carbeurated.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on March 08, 2004)

(Message edited by talltigeguy on March 08, 2004)

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 12:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The GM Vortec 315 hp carb motor has been used with good service and value in the Switch series. This motor is a nice price point powerplant for the guy who wants as low a price as he can get while still buying a new boat.

The GM Vortec 335 horse mill has performed beautifully without a hitch. Kudos to Eddie and the boys at Marine Power!

By bing (bing) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 7:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would go for the GM 335 engine i have had 2No 2003 21i's (sold the first to a friend)I got Switch V with the 335Hp engine at the weekend and its amazing.

By bing (bing) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 7:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would go for the GM 335 engine i have had 2No 2003 21i's (sold the first to a friend)with the 315MPI Merc engine I got Switch V with the 335Hp engine at the weekend and its amazing.

By Will (will5150) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 6:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brandon, When I bought mt Tige ( it's a 2001 21V- and it has EVERYTHING on it) the quoted List with all of the options was $ 52,000. I got a very good deal on it at the end of July in 2001 and paid right at 41K with Tax- which is substantial in Washington. The price you're being quoted sounds high- if you can get it for around $ 42-43 plus tax, I would think that would be a lot closer to where the boat will sell. Don't compare prices of the Switch to your boat- they are WAY different in appearance. And if you can get the Millineum dash, you'll like the way the guages lay out better- they're easier to see in the sun. Just a thought. It's a GREAT boat - no matter what some fellas on this site say.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com