Pic of SAN stereo system Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Pic of SAN stereo system « Previous Next »
By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 11:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm getting ready to do the stereo in the SAN. Probably going with Skylon Defcon IIIs up top, a Kicker Solobaric 10, a Kicker 600.4 to drive the Defcons, and a Kicker 700.5 for the sub, and the interior speakers (stock Clarion).

Can anyone post pictures of their SAN systems, particularly with regards to how the amps and subs are located and mounted. Looking for any reccomendations. Thanks - Jeff

By DumbandDumber (steve_b) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 6:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Jeff, I know this guy who works for Fusion... He is the coolest guy I've ever met.

Maybe you should hook up with him.

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 9:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you think the Fusion dude has some pictures? .

By Luke Tingley (cryptic22) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 11:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By D O double G (d_o_double_g) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 7:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Fusion on an X2...

By Wes (pesos) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
subfar

subclose
JL 12w7

amps
ppi pcx-4125 and jl 1000/1

eq
eclipse EQ

caps
isolator

tower
titan tower speakers

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 5:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wes, how do you like your ecplipse audio control mounted there? Looks like directly below the steering wheel. I've got mine mounted under the stock remote and don't like it. I was thinking of moving it to the right side.

By richard holmgren (gundogg) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 6:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 12W7 under the observers seat is quite an impressive fit. I am trying to design something similar with an additional 12w7 in front of the drivers feet. I haven't quite figured out the shape or size of box that is going to fit, but I think I can get it in there.

Nice Job

By Wes (pesos) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 9:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom - the eq works great right there - easy to fade the tower/boat volume

richard - thanks but i can't take the credit, the installer built the box, and did a great job :-)

By Paul (gherk) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 2:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are some pictures of the box on my tower. I have the factory speakers running off a JL 500.5 with an extra JL sub. Also the tower is running off a JL 300.2. I spent what seemed like a fortune on this JL stuff, but it definitely sounds good.
box1
box2

By WikedeeWak (magellan) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 2:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think actual speaker cans look much better than the boxes. More of a "techy" look I guess.
My opinion of course...don't get me wrong Paul, your boat is sweet.

By Paul (gherk) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 2:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well if I had my choice, and the $$$$, I would put cans up there myself. I built the box myself because I couldn't get the cans pass my wife.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com