20V versus 21i Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » 20V versus 21i « Previous Next »
By John Marshall (jmarshall) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 6:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm considering purchasing either a new 2004 21i or demo 2003 20V with 30 hrs. I've ridden in the 21i but never stepped foot or even seen in person a 20V. I do prefer the V-drive boat boat was wondering others opinion on the ride, wake, and overall comfort of the 20V. We'd usually have two-three adults and up to four small children ( ages 6 - 10 ).

21i - $38K ( no cruise )
20V - $34 ( with cruise )

By Karen Nelems (knelems) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 7:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi John,
You might get more actual owners on the new tigeowners.com site.

By zach (klk) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 8:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
dude regardless you are getting an awesome deal that 21i lists 43000, at least my was that much when i got it in december. depends on what you want, i haven't riden the 20v but i hear its nice. In my 21i i can load as much as i want and it can be hidden weight. its a lot bigger than the 20v too. I love the wake, it can be as big or as small as you want. but go to tigeowners.com and you will get real feed back most of the people on this website will chime in shortly, seeing it as one more chance to bash tige. not to mention most of them have even ridden in or behind a tige. And, a lot of them don't even own boats. We tige' owners love our boats and stand behind them, so if you really want some answers go to tigeowners. thanks.

By Greg Davis (vortech347) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 11:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, we non-Tige' owners just don't understand the cult like following. BTW, I have ridden behind a Tige' on several occasions since one of my best friends owns one. Too bad it's a 2000 20i with a mushy wake because it's a pretty nice boat.

John, the only way for you to know which one you would prefer is to test both of them. From everything I've heard the 03 and newer Tige's have very good wakes compared to the older models.

Check out the dealer to see how they treat their customers after the sale and demo both boats. And take your friends and all the weight you plan to run normally so your demo will actually tell you something about the boat.

And lastly, don't rule out other brands. Keep an open mind and look at boats that fit your needs and buy the one that makes YOU the happiest. Your the one plunking down the cash.

By John Marshall (jmarshall) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 1:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
zach, the last time I was quoted a 21i from this dealer it was 32K. Even though it might have been a left over 2003 it seems quite a stretch to go to the next quote which was $42K and then back to $38K. My Malibu dealers sells a plush VLX for $42K and an XTi for $36,500. anything more then $34K seems high for a 21i

By zach (klk) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 5:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
21i 39,388-45,633
directly from tige.com the msrp section. check it if you don't believe it. and that doesn't trailer.

By zach (klk) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 5:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
or options for that matter

By bill montanye (bill) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 5:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zach if thats true that the most overated overpriced DD on the market..Not worth a dime over 35k and i would expect a trailer and some decent options like ballast ,tower and stock stereo...seriously not bashing anyone or boat but ive been in a few 21is and other dd and its not worth that price..45k!!My god is that twin engine, triple axle trailer,5000w 40 speaker remote stereo system ,and gold plated tower !! ??:-)

By John Marshall (jmarshall) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 6:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know the MSRP on Tige's website shows a high list price, but I think it is like anything else, we don't expect to pay anything near MSRP! My local Malibu rep sells a nicely equipped Wakesetter for $32,995 with a S/A trailer, swoop tower, AM/FM/CD 4-spkr stereo, cover, bow cushion insert, and bolster seat. I would expect my Tige dealer to be competitive, as he was before, but he kinda did a back flip on price.

By www.tigeowners.com (tigeownerscom) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 7:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Trailer is included on that price

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com