Wireing LCD screens Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Wireing LCD screens « Previous Next »
By Grant (whitechocolate) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 11:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
wanted to know what is the best type of cable or wire to run for the viedo and power feed for my LCD's

Im going to be running 3 LCD's. Each video feed should be no more than 20 feet

2 options. Option #1 I have heard you can use Cat 5 wire and soder the rca's on and use the remaining wires in the cat 5 for power and ground. the downside is it not a shielded cable. I have also seen you can buy 75 ohm cable used for video by the foot and then tie a power ground wire to it. to power your LCD's, The down side its not as thin as the cat 5 cable. Most Install shops use cat 5 to install there Sun visor and overhead screens, Im leaning towards the 75 Ohm cannel and just dealing with the larger size wire

Just wondering what the best way to do it is

And One more question? What type of Splitter/Amp should I get? I need a 1 imput and 3 out put's Im not intrested in running diffrent images/imputs on any of the 3 screens. 1 source and 3 outputs thats It Thanks for answering

By Matt Heil (matt_h) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 11:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
1. You can get shielded cat5 if you think you need shielded cable.
2. You can get 75 Ohm cable with power wires in the cable. It is used for security cameras.

By Robert (ag4ever) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 1:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a security camera with sound at my house, and it uses regular telephne cable (doubt it is cat 5e rated). They even use a regular telephone conector to ties the wire to the camera, and on the other end is a block that splits the video, audio, and power to rca and round low voltage plug.

Here are a couple of photos that kinda explain.

Both photos are from harbor freight tools, so that the due credit can be given to the owner of the photos.

By beth h (beth) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 4:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
here is the coax cable I'm talking about

By Matt Heil (matt_h) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 4:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wife's name oops

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 8:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Beth and Robert. Thanks that stuff will work great. It turns out I even have some at the office, We just installed a securty Camera at the office, and have lots left over. Thanks

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com