Speaker Wiring Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Speaker Wiring « Previous Next »
By Jimmy Dager (jimmydager101) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 3:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am running wires for speakers and I don't know what to do with the wires once I get them to the bottom of the tower. What do most of you guys use? Are there any good quick disconnectors out there? Do most people run the wires through the fiberglass or do they just run it around. Any help or Pictures would be very greatly appreciated. Also, I just bought a Monster tower and was wondering how you guys like them? Are they as easy to install as everyone says? I have herd a lot of good things and the customer service cant be beat. Sorry this post is so long but one more thing, did any of you guys reinforce your fiberglass before you installed your towers? If so, do you have any tips or hints?
Thanks,
Jimmy

By Eric G. (cinder1995) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 9:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just drill a small hole through the fiberglass next to the leg of the tower(the boat won't sink) and use a small piece of plywood for the inside reinforcement of the tower legs. I'm not an expert, but this worked good for me.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 10:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you have a tower that allows you to drill threw the Deck and into the lower tower leg and run the wires threw the tower it self Thats the cleanest way IMO to do it. That way when your walking on the deck of your boat when out on the water theres nothing extra to step on. On Some boat/towers you have no option you have to drill on the outside and run the wires threw the outer leg of the tower, Here are some photos of what I did and a Link with the Instructions

http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/tower

(Message edited by whitechocolate on March 12, 2004)

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 6:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant - the pix in your link are the nicest wiring job on a tower I've ever seen, very impressive work!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com