2001-2002 X Star hull design Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » 2001-2002 X Star hull design « Previous Next »
By Brian Bradley (supernatural1) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 2:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone know if Mastercraft changed the hull design from 01-02? If so what are the benefits of each, and were there any other changes?

By Chris Olsson (moondoggie) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 3:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No new hull design from 99'-2004 to my knowledge. I believe the hull was used in another model they had or have also.

By Bigg D (pureliquid) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 5:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If I'm not mistaken, '99 thru '02 is the same hull design. '03 thru '04 is now the X-2, but same hull design as the older X-Star.

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 6:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brian, there have been no major hull changes to the 205V/X-Star/X2 since it first came out in 1999. However there is one difference that can be found. In 2001 MasterCraft changed the shape of the running gear under the boat. If you run a 2000 and a 2001 side by side you will notice that the shape and lip of the 2001 is much nicer/cleaner. Most people never notice until you run them side by side.

In early 2003 MasterCraft built what was called the “X-Series” and later changed to the X-2; however, during the time they called it “X-Series” it featured a reverse rotation prop…this was a disaster and should be converted back to standard rotation (covered under warranty). Hope that answers your questions.

By wilson (3puttwilson) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 6:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No change..

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 6:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Zed, what about prop rotation on early X-2s? Or did the rotation change correspond exactly with the name change in time?

The "X-Series" didn't reverse to the left did it?

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 9:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
In early 2003 all V-drives were built using reverse rotation. The boats would then back to the port side. This is the only time that I am aware of that a MasterCraft came with that rotation. It is warranty item if you know someone that has it to be converted. Hope that helps.

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I drove what I think was one of the first "X-Series" but thought I remember that it reversed the "right" way. But this was in the fall of '02, so maybe I was not going crazy after all.

Thanks for the info. Btw, I think it is great that you are on the board and responding to as many questions as you are. Seems to me that MC should have more direct interaction on these boards than they do...being that a huge chunk of direct clients are right here...

Fredrik

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Fredrik,
Wow thanks...much appreciated.
I am starting a web site to help with this and Dave (here at wakeworld) is aware...so it wont be long before you'll have a place to go ask those questions...stay tuned.

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Fredrik get lou at baywatersports to get on here so i can asked him why he gave me a 5 lug spare tire for my 6 lug trailer lol. Have you been out yet???

zed keep us posted that sounds awesome

(Message edited by tommyadrian5 on March 05, 2004)

By KStateAlumni(aka Brad Beach) (bbeach) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 11:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I believe all Mastercraft reverse to the right. I've never seen or heard of one that didn't...

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
KS,
consider yourself lucky...converting them back was no fun.

By Brian Bradley (supernatural1) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 3:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for all the info everytone.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com