supra wake Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » supra wake « Previous Next »
By Randell L. Vincent Jr. (trinity) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just purchased a 2004 ssv. No one around my area has one so it is hard to get feedback. I was wondering where all of you put extra weight and how should I distribute it. (70%-30%) I also was wondering where ya'll keep the wake plate. I tend to like a steeper wake.
Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks,

Randell Vincent

By Jon Allen (jon_a) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Look into getting the Gravity Games sacks from your dealer. The front sack is 1200 lbs and the rear are 550 each. You should keep the weight even like that. Keep the wakeplate between 3/4 and half the way up.

By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Put the plate as far up as you can before the boats starts to rock/"porpoise".

By bill montanye (bill) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i think the front sack is 1000 and the back two are 800 each for a total of 2600 lbs for the GG sacks,,thats all you will need for a sweet wake..put the plate up 3/4 of the way or where the wake looks best too you and doesnt porpoise like craig said..

By Randell L. Vincent Jr. (trinity) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I will look into those sacks although the round sacks I have in there seem to fill that space, but I geuss they will fit.
thanks

By Alan (exodous) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 12:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats what the bags are rated at but how much can you really fill them in those compartments?

By Luke Goshulak (shiftywakeskate) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 12:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
whats the wake plate

By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 11:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's basically a large trim tab on the transom directly behind the rudder. They mostly come on Skier's Choice boats and Tige's.

By Clint (wakelksamm) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 2:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a 2003 Supra SSV Gravity Games and I just kept the stock sacks and put lead under the sacks and up front. I left a few in the middle to fine tune and wake surf. I had 1100 lbs so the factory said of water and then added the 1600 lbs of lead to the boat. It worked well out on the water, but was horrible to work with the boat buddy trailering system.

By Bryan Locke (gwnkids) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 4:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Clint why did you switch to Centurion from the GG SSV?

By Jade (missjade) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I took the standard bags out of the back and put in upgraded 600 pounders. Then what I do is put one of the standard ones next to the driver and one in the playpen. Then I pull the stadium seat out and put a 600 there at the foot on top of the engine cover. With this setup, you're looking at about 4500 pounds. I ride with the wakeplate all the way up while wakeboarding. If you weight it right, it should not porpoise. Try putting a little more weight in the bow if it does. Also, you will see that a little bit more weight is needed on the left side of the boat. I usually fill an extra bag for that side if there's only one other rider. If there's a boat full of people, then just make sure that one or two more people are sitting on the left side.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com